Thread: Lesnar Done...

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar

Lesnar Done...

So who thinks this will be like every other fighter who has retired?

That had to be such a disappointment to see this fight end in the first round.

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/2011/12/...eem/in/2422829

Post whore
    It was sad to see him go out like that. Brock is smart to retire, I would hate to see him get worse or die from a good shot. That kick was a damn good one right on his injury and it showed. His injury is still a problem and I knew Brock would never be the same fighter. Not saying he was the best HW fighter but I liked watching his fights. Oversteem is a really good fighter and I think he will be the new champ and will probably hold the title for a few years. There's nobody in the game right now that can beat him.

The UFC has now loss Brock and Anderson Silvia is supposed to call it quits soon as well. I just hope Anderson's last fight is against Jones. That's gonna be probably the best fight in the history of MMA.

Post whore
    Oh sorry, to answer your question. No I don't think Brock will fight again.
    Last edited by spooln30; 12-31-2011 at 12:51 AM.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    If its as serious as everyone says it is, I hope he doesn't fight. Glad he's concentrating on family now. Hope he doesn't do the WWE crap like what was stated in the article. Being a trainer might work out for the short term for him to keep him around the sport.

As for Overeem, I just can't get it out of my head that dude looks like a really jacked up version of the marine from A Few Good Men...

Brock is done and will not be back, guaranteed. I called his retirement immediately after the fight ended. I was leaning towards Overeem to win but wanted Brock to because I knew he would retire with a loss. Overeem would have continued on and eventually get a title shot regardless. The kick that ended the fight had nothing to do with Brock's diverticulitis or other medical issues. That was a huge kick to Brock's mid-section and many fighters would crumble like he did. However, you cannot deny Brock does not like to get hit and cannot accept hits like most 'real' fighters. By 'real' I'm talking about guys who have trained their entire lives to get hit like that. Brock's incredible natural talent took him very far in a MMA with very little experience in a very short amount of time. I would have loved to see how good he could have been had he started training MMA many years ago......
    Last edited by Car Guy; 12-31-2011 at 01:50 AM.

Post whore
    HAHA, Thats why Overeem looked so familiar.

Carguy, I disagree with you. Brock had 12" of colon removed from his Ascending and Transverse parts of his colon, which is on the right side of the body. Pretty much where he was kicked. Overeem probably does kick hard but I think he dropped so quick due to his injury. I've seen guys get kicked just as hard and not drop like Brock.

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    I am super bummed he is going into retirement. I completely understand though. The diverticulitis that he has is not an easy thing to work with. I had a roommate who is battling with it and it can get pretty hit and miss with health. I dont think he will be back and im pretty sadden by it. Talk about a rise and fall in a sport. I mean he was in it about 4 years and took it by storm.

Wolfgang Bodison, maybe his illegitimate son? lol
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    From what I heard about the kick is that it was a liver shot and that would put anybody down. Good for him to retire since I didn't see him doing too much more in the sport

The T3/T4eclipse broke 2much:P BigSnailBuick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Guy View Post
    Brock is done and will not be back, guaranteed. I called his retirement immediately after the fight ended. I was leaning towards Overeem to win but wanted Brock to because I knew he would retire with a loss. Overeem would have continued on and eventually get a title shot regardless. The kick that ended the fight had nothing to do with Brock's diverticulitis or other medical issues. That was a huge kick to Brock's mid-section and many fighters would crumble like he did. However, you cannot deny Brock does not like to get hit and cannot accept hits like most 'real' fighters. By 'real' I'm talking about guys who have trained their entire lives to get hit like that. Brock's incredible natural talent took him very far in a MMA with very little experience in a very short amount of time. I would have loved to see how good he could have been had he started training MMA many years ago......

PERFECTLY written. This is and was Brock.
    "Plus my rats come in packs like Sammy and Dean Martin, and I got soo many keys you'd think I was Valet parking"
    1987 Buick Regal Turbo T Limited- DBB 6766, ProEFI, E-85.
    2000 Audi S4- Nogaro Blue w/ matching interior! Chipped and a maintenance nightmare.

Brock appeared on WWE Monday night and according to reliable sources signed a one year contract with WWE. I expected him to enjoy 'retired' life and was very surprised to hear this. I can only see a LOT of money being the main reason why he returned......

Last edited by Car Guy; 04-04-2012 at 12:42 PM.

I would say 5 million is a lot of money.....

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/4/292...orth-5-million

i don't blame him. i'm excited to see him back. stir things up for a change.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82