2003 Impala #3 cylinder misfire issue I cannot solve

2003 Impala 3.4L, Misfire
    I took it to Advanced to have it scanned and it states that the #3 cylinder is misfiring. I pulled the spark plugs and found oil on the #3 plug. I swapped out the coil packs and still the same misfire problem, plug wires are good and I put in spark plugs. The motor is getting gas by the way.

What do you think the possible cause the misfire?

Anybody run into this kind of problem before?

I'm taking it to get it check out some more tomorrow, does anybody know of a good place to have it checked out and what they charge?
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

Got fuel, spark then something compression related is next on the list...
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Yeah I hope its not that, drove it going home last night and got half way home and it started missing, Engine light came on then started flashing and ran like shit.
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

Post whore
    Do you have spark off the #3 cyl coil pack, to check loosen the plug wire and with the car running lift the wire to see if the spark is arching. You need to use something plastic or rubber handled pliers to pull the wire off or you will get shocked. Btw don't place your hand on any metal cuz that completes the circuit. Lol. If you don't have spark, then it probably is the ignition control module under the coil packs. Now if you do have spark then it could be a cylinder issue or an Injector issue. To check for the Injector have the car running at idle then disconnect the connector at the #3 cyl Injector, the cylinder should drop if the Injector is good. Hope this helps.

One more thing, if you drive the car too long with a misfire you will cause damage to your cat.
    Last edited by spooln30; 12-28-2011 at 12:34 AM.

Post whore
    If you need someone to look at it I don't have much going on tomorrow so PM me with your phone number and we van set something up.

Keith

Hey I found what the problem was... The #3 rocker arm stripped out, so I am in the progress in tapping out the head and what not. Thanks for the help guys!
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

Post whore
    Oh, I didn't see that you mentioned any engine noise. You would've def heard that. Good luck on the fix.

Yes, I forgot to mention that lol sorry.

I read somewhere that with the '03 3.4L models, they had the '02 3.4L motors in them ('00-'02) had the problem with the Rocker arm bolt/s stripping out one at a time or all at once.

I had this same problem before with #2,4 but it had a lot of rocker arm chatter to it, and would even stay running.
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!