I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar

Fun with toys....

NitrousChris turned me onto these. At 8-9bux a piece it's too easy not to buy a bunch of them and start modding. I'm finishing up the customization of the gixxer and starting a gen1 Busa, but no pics of that yet. I bought a pair of ZX14's but unfortunately they weren't able to be modded as easily so I was disappointed. Although I was able to scavenge some parts from it for the Busa.

Getting the extended rear tail set up with the hobby putty. From this -

To this -

Still working on it a bit for the tail as it needs final sanding/shaping

The other yellow one in the background is just a "stock" one that I lowered. There is a spring that acts as a suspension for the rear swingarm, so you can just cut the spring a bit. The front forks come apart but you have to cut the tubes down and then reglue it. The ones on the stock wheelbase in the background are from the extended bike, but I didn't like how they came out so swapped them and redoing the front again.

Senior Member..now yer posting! outlawgibbs's Avatar
    Thats frickin awesome, you clearly have to much time on your hands tho.....

On a side note if you could do this to one of the CBR XX's Id buy it off you, I just dont have the time, patience or skill to do one myself

I'll have to check to see if they make a 1/12th scale in that model. I know they have a 1/18th if I remember right, but they aren't as workable as the bigger versions. And some of the 1/12th scales aren't even able to be played with like this. So we will have to find one that will work

I have both sizes. the 1/18th would have to be bought off Ebay since I've never seen one in the store but I have found the 1/12th at Walmart. Mostly see the silver ones and I'd have to have it done in black. Ill try to look and see if it can be done. What do I need to look for?

if it's a 1/12th Maisto brand of some sort, "Adventure Wheeler/Wheels" or a similar name. They all have the Maisto brand name on it. These are the for sure easy to work with ones. Otherwise just something that looks like it has a removalable swing arm.

Its is, and I'm sure if it turns out I'm gonna know a few people who are gonna want one. Unless you're not up to making a few of them, then ill keep my mouth shut.

it's fine, it's just the hard part of finding the right model, and then having to buy the paint, etc... only really doing it because of having the two weeks off of school. can let the others know, but it is easy to do. Chris did it an even better way with the swingarm and took alot less time I bet.