Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking at a Trailblazer SS, would like some info on them.

I am looking at a 2006 TBSS and I know there are some owners on here with one. I would just like some feed back on them and what to look for.

Thanks
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

I was looking at them before I got my ram, in the research I did I found that the awd trannys were a weak link.
    92 Bimini Blue Coupe ZZZZzzzzZZZ
    2003 DSG Cobra

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude
    Function:Error
    IF IT DOESN'T HAVE TITS, A TRIGGER, OR THROTTLE I'M NOT INTERESTED

What about an AWD Denali (Yukon)? Same problem?
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

Not sure didn't look at those. They don't have the 6.0 in them though do they?
    2003 DSG Cobra

Also read they aren't too fuel friendly either. 12-14 mpg
    2003 DSG Cobra

They have the 5.3L, the family is getting bigger and I don't want to put them in a tin can and I hate imports.
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

if you buy a vehicle with the logo ss on it for fuel mileage you have issues. lol
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Well obviously I wasn't looking for fuel economy since I picked up a truck again but was just letting him know that it's nothing to look forward to.
    2003 DSG Cobra

Transblazer... These trucks are nice, but they have some issues. If you are ready to confront the issues head on when they arise and have the cash to fix it, they can be great trucks. This ranges frome engines failing, cats plugging, transmissions, posi clutches welding etc.... I owned one for a year and loved it, was too small for 2 kids though. The Denali's up to '07 (6 speed there after) had the same 4l65E that the TBSS uses.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Thanks Tom for the information... The TBSS I was looking at had 126K on it, So I am figuring that it has some tranny problems then. Might test drive the AWD Denali but that has 121K. I 'd like to find a Denali that is just 4x4, but I am having a hard time finding one.

If I cannot find one, I may just settle for a TB EXT or an Envoy Denali.
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

As I remember it part of the Denali package was the AWD t-case

Denalis are all fulltime awd so you won't find the 4x4 only unless you go to a yukon.
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

denali's should all be 6.0 engines as well. i was looking at denali's before my duramax and pretty sure those are all 6.0
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

All statements about the viscous AWD only aspect are correct and 00 thru 06 denali's are LQ9 6.0 powered. Only the 07+ can you get a 5.3 option in a denali where as most have the 6.2 L92 and a differential style AWD t-case now.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Not sure if you picked anything up yet. But along the same lines as the TBSS is the SRT8 Jeep. I have had mine for a while now and it has been great. They too are known for weak trannies but if you dont add a ton of power adders they hang in pretty well. I should add, fun as hell to drive!

Yes , I am still looking around... My Impala took a shit, Engine light is on and flashing, engine is missing and just developed a exhaust leak. I just payed the car off a few months ago and all this happens, go figure.
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter Z View Post
    Yes , I am still looking around... My Impala took a shit, Engine light is on and flashing, engine is missing and just developed a exhaust leak. I just payed the car off a few months ago and all this happens, go figure.
    A check engine light and an exhaust leak is hardly what I'd call taking a shit. You wanna see taking a shit, I invite you to look at the piston out of my old suburban that ran lean and burned a hole through the piston, seized the wrist pin, then cracked the cylinder wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

No, yours just took a real big shit. lol
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    It sure did. All over the road lol. Apparently the oil pan can NOT hold the contents of the radiator in it AND motor oil.

TBSS's are fun, just watch for trans issues. I've seen people go well over 100k miles on the original trans and drove it hard. Others go through a transmission every year. All about maintenance, it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

TBSS's get 4L70's*

Though by the PN's they had I have a weird feeling that they are more Isuzu then GM.

Though I would not mind having one for a DD, like the older T blazers more though.