Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well I think the momentum of these last two games will determine how we play in post season.. You have to think about it, now we have O line issues... the last thing we need... And if we've learned anything, when your on fire your on fire, when your not, see you in Hawaii.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Oline issues? I don't think we have an oline anymore. One more guy down and we would have had defensive linemen playing!!!!! The only other backup guy wasn't even active. Look how many times Rodgers got sacked. I'm a firm believer after we beat Chicago they will sit starters in the Lions game. That pass rush would destroy rodgers with the oline issues they're having.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by CATNHAT View Post
    Green Bay Packers 38 at Indianapolis Colts 41

Sunday, November 16, 1997

Stadium: RCA Dome (dome), Start Time: 1:00, Surface: astroturf,
    Weather: 72 degrees, no wind
    Green Bay Packers (8-3-0) 14 14 10 38
    Indianapolis Colts (1-10-0) 9 18 3 11 41

Pack was on a roll, big upset by the colts, made it where? THE SUPERBOWL.!

only to lose to elway. shit..............
    i threw my remote at the wall on this game and it shattered all over my room. i remember it like it was yesterday. we played down to the opposition yesterday. yeah the chiefs defense was good but we dropped way to many passes and rodgers was off quite a bit. live and learn. would have been to go undefeated but there is always next year. i much rather repeat as world champs.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    but its not as great as everyone keeps pushing.
    Um, how great does a team have to be to win 19 straight?

My take on the loss is hopefully they learned that they actually have to show up and play...their presence alone wins them nothing. They played yesterday going through the motions, and guess what? You can't do that against NFL teams, even very bad ones.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

They played like shit and they deserved to lose to them. Enough said.
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Lol, they probably went out and got drunk and had a blast, like, this game is a breeze.. hahaha.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    Um, how great does a team have to be to win 19 straight?

My take on the loss is hopefully they learned that they actually have to show up and play...their presence alone wins them nothing. They played yesterday going through the motions, and guess what? You can't do that against NFL teams, even very bad ones.
    other teams have won more,and it will happen again,they have not been tested by high cvaliber teams even you must be able to admit they have really played only 2 top tier teams,they are NOT as great as you may think.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

other teams have won more,and it will happen again,they have not been tested by high cvaliber teams even you must be able to admit they have really played only 2 top tier teams,they are NOT as great as you may think.
    They're still better than the cowboys?

No good teams?
    - NO
    - SD
    - NYG (good when they want to be)
    - DET (gave dallas a spankin)
    - ATL

Almost every team this year has had at least one stupid loss. It happens it's football. But to see they aren't good....
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

If the Packers played only 2 good teams, where do the cowboys rank? Defending super bowl champs with the 1st seat the following year! Yep, we suck!

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rather than make my own argument, I'll let someone who has a staff to compile stats talk for me:

Quote Originally Posted by Don Banks @ si.com
    • Turns out there's a very good reason you're not hearing much about Rodgers and his ability to mount fourth-quarter comebacks like quarterbacks Tim Tebow of Denver or Eli Manning of the Giants. During Green Bay's 19-game winning streak, the Packers have never trailed in the fourth quarter.

You got that? Nineteen games, never a fourth-quarter deficit. It's the longest such streak in NFL history, and it's not even close, with the Sammy Baugh-led 1942-43 Washington Redskins putting together a 13-game run. Green Bay was tied in the fourth quarter with the Giants in Week 13, and again last year in Week 17 at home against the Bears, but that's it.

• Despite going just 10-6 in the regular season in 2010, the Packers notably went the entire year (four postseason games included) without trailing by more than seven points at any time. That impressive streak of competitiveness died rather early this year, when Green Bay fell behind 13-0 at Carolina in Week 2, a game the Packers rallied to win 30-23.

But Green Bay has still been dominant to a ridiculous degree. The Packers have played 52 quarters so far this season, and led at the end of 44 of them, or 85 percent of the time. During the 19-game winning streak, Green Bay has had a lead at the end of 64 of its 76 quarters of play, or 84 percent.

• If you made the Packers a two-touchdown favorite to win every game this season, you're looking pretty smart so far. Green Bay has outscored its 13 opponents 466-278 in 2011, a league-best 188-point differential. That's 14.5 points per game better than the other guys.

During the 19-game winning streak, the Packers have been almost as good. Green Bay holds a 642-374 scoring margin in that span, a 268-point bulge that translates to 14.1 points per game. No wonder there hasn't been a need for many fourth-quarter comebacks.

• Green Bay's total of 466 points this season is already a franchise record, besting the 2009 team's 461 points. But these Packers have bigger fish to fry than that. Green Bay's total is tied for the second most ever through 13 games since the 1970 merger, trailing only the record-setting 2007 Patriots (503 points).

New England scored a league record 589 points in going 16-0 that season, or 36.8 per game. Green Bay is averaging 35.8 points per game this season, a pace that would see it finish with 574, second-most ever. The Packers need to average 41.3 points in their last three games to score 590 this season, breaking the Patriots' mark.

Improbable? Not really. The Packers have already had five games of 42-plus points this season, tying the 1971 Super Bowl champion Dallas Cowboys for the most such games in a season since the merger. During the 19-game winning streak, Green Bay has scored at least 42 seven times, or in 37 percent of its games.

• The Packers have 57 touchdowns this season, a team record, and 19 players have scored them, just two shy of the league record in that department. Green Bay has five times scored at least 28 points in the first half of games, and the other 31 NFL teams have combined for just nine 28-point-plus first halves this year.

"It's a lot of fun to be a part of a team with a bunch of playmakers, who all know how to get into the end zone,'' Woodson said. "This is a treat for me.''

The Packers have scored at least 30 points in 12 of the 19 games in the winning streak, and given up 30 or more just three times in that span (but twice in the past five games). They are the first defending Super Bowl champ to score at least 24 points in each of its first 13 games of the season, beating out the 2000 St. Louis Rams' streak of 10 games to start the year.

• The Packers have plenty of Super Bowl-era success to draw upon, having made the game five times under three head coaches in three different decades. But their current 19-game winning streak blows away the Lombardi and Holmgren eras on that front. The longest winning streak for Lombardi's Packers was 12 games, in 1961-62. And Mike Holmgren's teams never won more than the nine in a row, accomplished by his twin Super Bowl clubs of 1996-97.

• One more win and Green Bay becomes just the fourth team in league history to open a season with a 14-0 mark, tying those '72 Dolphins (in the era of 14-game regular seasons), as well as the 2007 Patriots and 2009 Colts (who finished 14-2, choosing in the final two weeks of the season to give many key starters rest for the playoffs).

The Packers' road dominance is also starting to build some historical significance. Green Bay, with a win at Kansas City, would be just the sixth NFL team to go 8-0 on the road in a season, and it would give the Packers an 11-game road winning streak, counting their three away wins in last year's playoffs (the Super Bowl is considered a neutral site game). Green Bay's home winning streak stands at 11, and it has won 17 of its past 18 games at Lambeau Field, dating to 2009.

"I think we're a good team anywhere,'' Woodson said. "We're one of the teams that travels well, and we're a good team at home, too. For us, it really doesn't matter where we play.''

The Packers are certain to be playing at home in the playoffs this year. But Lambeau hasn't been the overwhelming advantage in the postseason that it once was. The Packers are just 3-3 in their six playoff home games since the close of the Holmgren era in 1998.

• Rodgers is headed for his first NFL MVP award this season, and his 39 touchdown passes has already tied Brett Favre's 1996 team record. But his most astounding statistic may be his league-record-tying 13 straight games with two or more scoring passes, a feat only he and Peyton Manning (2004) have accomplished in the first 13 games of a season (Tom Brady in 2010-11, and Don Meredith in 1965-66 also had 13 games in a row with two touchdown passes).

If Rodgers throws at least two more touchdowns against the Chiefs, his streak will stand alone in the NFL record book.

• While Green Bay's defense takes a backseat to its high-powered offense, it remains one of the best units in the league in terms of takeaways. The Packers' 27 interceptions this season are nine more than their closest competitor in that department. Just like last season, Green Bay consistently wins the turnover ratio statistic.

The Packers, during the course of their 19-game winning streak, are a plus-31 in the turnover category (51 takeaways, 20 giveaways) and they've either won or tied the turnover battle in 18 of those games, with only a minus-1 turnover ratio in Green Bay's first-round playoff win at Philadelphia marring that trend.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1h2teYjx9
    Uh, yeah. They're not that great
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    1968 Camaro 383

Hahahahaha, I seen that on Sports Center

My first thought is, damn can I get a heads up? Its like nobody had the vocals to yell "Watch Out"!! Nobody. Funny shit.
    Last edited by GHOSST; 12-20-2011 at 08:08 AM.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...le-weeks-10-17

click that to see "strength of schedule for the remaining weeks" (10-17)

GB is ranked 5th

Dallas - 22nd

That's like complete opposite. That's like LSU vs Boise State

And if you look at it from a 2010 standpoint, the packers are 13th and the cowboys 15th

so yet again, without counting the teams blowing up this year, we are still putting together wins against better teams than the cowboys are losing to

Wow Mike Sando is all over the 49'ers nuts in that article, he talks about them for like 3/4's of it! You know who he's rooting for, geez.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

how many paragraphs started with "The 49ers."

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    It's an NFC West blog, so of course they are gonna get talked about. What other teams are there to talk about that were above .500 at the end of week 9

It's not like it was a WHOLE NFL column