Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow?

Tim Tebow?

I watch sportcenter every morning after the local news, and its been all about Tebow for weeks now.

Any thoughts on this?

I give the kid his props, and he has improved, but I'm honestly sick of hearing about Tebow time. You know who else embraced divine influence? The Jonas brothers, haha.

Tebow time?
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    His throwing mechanics are not good. His accuracy is awful. He is a running back playing quarterback. He chooses to run at the wrong times. He sucks for 3 quarters of every game...

but the fact is, the Broncos are 1-4 without him, and 6-1 with him....and 4? of those are improbably comebacks with multiple scores happening with minutes to go. He's a winner.

You're not really arguing against tebow though, just saying you're sick of hearing about him. Me too...amazing how a 13-0 team is on page 3C while this shit is all over the front page...
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    1986 Mazda RX-7 13B Turbo
    2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, low, slow daily
    2000 Saturn SC1 - RWD project, broken
    1996 Suzuki Bandit 600
    1997 Golf GTI mid engine vr6

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    I agree a team has won 19 straight and the headlines are about the come back kid. Really disappointing, the sad thing is alot of those wins were from some very stupid defensive coordinator mistakes. (even some player mistakes)
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

He's basically all hype. Not a good quarterback at all.
    1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B LOS Build

Quote Originally Posted by The Shaolin View Post
    His throwing mechanics are not good. His accuracy is awful. He is a running back playing quarterback. He chooses to run at the wrong times. He sucks for 3 quarters of every game...

but the fact is, the Broncos are 1-4 without him, and 6-1 with him....and 4? of those are improbably comebacks with multiple scores happening with minutes to go. He's a winner.

You're not really arguing against tebow though, just saying you're sick of hearing about him. Me too...amazing how a 13-0 team is on page 3C while this shit is all over the front page...
    Thank you, I'm really not arguing against him at all. I actually like Tebow, you can't deny he's winning, and the fact that, really, this is how he's been treated in the past, as someone who really isn't that great but continues to find a way to win, hell, it will make a good movie one day. But the hype is just becoming overwhelming, and I'm kinda looking forward to the Pats game. Please bring them down! But oh man.. if they win, its over lol, media frenzy.

I'm just tired of Tebow time at this point, while I'm constantly arguing with people who say the Packers schedule was hella easy, and that's the only reason why their 13-0, and this makes me wonder if the media is indirectly on that Packer hater bandwagon, its almost like its not worthy enough to talk about it, because they hope we'll lose one soon...
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here's the thing about Tebow and "Not a good quarterback"

Working summer passing leagues, in which the it's basically just your receivers/te/rb's/qb's and you can only advance the ball by passing, you'd be surprised how many really good high school qb's are just awful at passing. Some very bad passing league teams and qb's go on to be some of the states best teams and highly regarded qb's...it's just a different game.

Tebow IS a good qb...just not a good qb for the modern pro-style game. But for now, the broncos have changed things up and are playing to Tebow's obvious strengths. Were he to be on the packers running an offense like the packers run, he'd be horrid.

What's surprising is that the Broncos are essentially running a college style offense (spread-option) and winning...Tebow's success also belies the lie that the spread is strong passing offense that's weak for running...which is what I hear ad nauseum from many watching hs football....
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Great points. He just might change how we look at the modern pro-style QB and game play..
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    you'd be surprised how many really good high school qb's are just awful at passing.
    Seems like once a game, the announcers bring up that so and so TE, or WR, or RB, or K played QB in highschool. In highschool, kinda seems like you make your best athlete the QB, and then later, they find a better position for him.
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    1986 Mazda RX-7 13B Turbo
    2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, low, slow daily
    2000 Saturn SC1 - RWD project, broken
    1996 Suzuki Bandit 600
    1997 Golf GTI mid engine vr6

Wow, you know now that I think about it, this is the evolution of football. My high school senior year we had no QB's to save our life, so we had to rely on a freshman who had the best arm... No our run game, we had two of the best in the city. This was 10 years ago, and when I think about it a running QB was unheard of back then, only for trick plays maybe, but damn if we had an offense built around our run game we would have been serious contenders..

Tebow isn't quite the dual threat QB yet, be he can be. But the dual threat QB is the evolution of football..
    Last edited by GHOSST; 12-14-2011 at 03:02 PM.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

He gets too much media hype but has been before he was even a starter. He's a great guy, I don't understand how anyone doesn't like him unless you hate Christians . The religion stuff is overplayed by the people who hate him, some of his die hard fans and especially the media. I'm a Gator fan so I've been a fan of his since 06' and have a Florida jersey with his name/number. He needs a ton of work on his mechanics but the guy has other qualities that, so far, are covering that up. Surely there will be more games like when they played Detroit and he was exposed more. Just glad it wasn't against the Bears . I don't think the Broncos can deny giving him the starting gig for at least 2012 and building the offense to suit his style...and really trying to work on that passing game. Having a decent receiving core will help too, look at their WR's and TE's, no names. If he can learn to be an average throwing QB and they get a couple playmakers that can catch, look out. Until then, he will be exposed sooner than later. His key is not turning the ball over.

I think the dual threat QB was the future 10 years ago and look where it ended up. To be a successful QB in the NFL you need to be accurate/strong arm and most importantly, smart. You need to have some mobility too (unless your Peyton Manning) but throwing the ball is #1. The guys like Vick didn't take over the game, just made for some exciting plays and are no better than slightly above average QB's. It works great in HS and college but the NFL is a different animal.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

His divine influence is cool me with me, but its like its being shoved down our throats to give him a better image by the media. I mean at least he's honest, via sportscenter I am forced to learn that tebow was born of religious missionary parents, and he has preached to convicts too. But I guess I just know a few bat shiat crazy christians who act just like tebow, and who aren't athlete's or musicians.

But yea, even though dual QB's are preferred, accuracy is still key. That's why I like Rodgers, he can really run if he has too, more so last year, but its evident he has some serious speed to add to his pin point accuracy. But I bet 10 years from now it will be common to be a dual threat QB.
    Last edited by GHOSST; 12-14-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

Hey this is great! Fabulous exposure for the Christian faith, he's a winner and consistently speaks and acts with a positive message. ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with that! Too much exposure---probably but who cares. Would you rather be overexposed to the cardashian clowns or NFL?

I just hope his "divine intervention" doesnt come into play against the Packers in the superbowl like Elway did in 98'.

2005 Roush Sport, 2009 F-150 PLATINUM SCREW
    You can get your Ford in any color you want, as long as it's black.

Quote Originally Posted by CATNHAT View Post

I just hope his "divine intervention" doesnt come into play against the Packers in the superbowl like Elway did in 98'.
    I swear that game was rigged! Wasn't it like his last year, and his last time to get a ring.. lol
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

Tim Tebow is really Kid Cougar.

Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post
    Tim Tebow is really Kid Cougar.
    Kid Cougar believes in Jesus? Maybe divine influence told him to built that epic car.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSST View Post
    I swear that game was rigged! Wasn't it like his last year, and his last time to get a ring.. lol
    Yeah elway retired after that season. ridiculous game. we were so much better then the broncos. i think our olb are fast enough to contain tebow. plus our offense would get us up by enough they couldn't have any last second miracle drive. lol
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I personally like that everyone is paying attention to Tebow....rather have his story in the headlines than the Packers.

The hardest thing about going undefeated/remaining perfect is all the attention that gets focused on such teams...who needs the added pressure?

I'm all for Tebowmania...
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda69 View Post
    Yeah elway retired after that season. ridiculous game. we were so much better then the broncos. i think our olb are fast enough to contain tebow. plus our offense would get us up by enough they couldn't have any last second miracle drive. lol
    Yea, I mean I don't remember if Tebow played in the Lions game, but they simply destroyed the Broncos, by scoring tons of points. I do believe any high scoring team would easily contain them, but I'm truly looking forward to the Pats game this sunday to see how they'll do, because if there anything the NFL teaches us is that teams at the beginning of the season are never like teams near the end, good or bad.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

Just thought I'd mention Marvel has drawn up a "Tebow" character. Overkill?
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda69 View Post
    I disagree, I thought then and still, the Broncos were at least as good as the Packers. Alot of GB fans thought because the Packers spanked the Broncos the year before in Lambeau (while the Broncos sat many starters after clinching, including Elway) that Denver wasn't all that good. Jacksonville upset Denver in the playoffs that year. Also the same time when everyone assumed AFC teams sucked and the NFC was much better, which fed into the thinking of the Packers being superior to the Broncos.

The Lions faced Denver when Tebow was the starter and mauled them. I like Tebow as much as almost anyone but they've been gettting by on smoke and mirrors to some extent. Great D, o-line and not turning the ball over keeps you in almost any NFL game.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares