No Love For The Badgers??

Badgers win the first Big Ten Championship and don't even get a peep on here? For anyone that watched the game, it was a miracle we won. Very exciting game but we were dominated from quarters 2-4. Russell Wilson and Montee Ball put up ridiculous numbers this year. Next year will definitely be a drop off for the Badgers. I don't feel too confident going against Oregon either. I have a feeling they will run around us and put up 30+ points. But still, glad the Badgers made it back to the Rose Bowl for a second year in a row. If only we can win one!
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Went to every home gae(season tickets) and it was an awesome year to be a fan.

I think you are right though. I think they are going to get dominated by Oregon, but who knows, TCU beat us last year, haha. SO underdogs can win.

As for next year, seeing the backup QB a bunch early in the season with those high scoring games and seeing him play a full quarter against a tired 4th quarter defense makes me worry how next year will go.

Wilson is gone obviously, so is Toon. Ball will be a sr. but will he stay or enter the draft early? White is a sophmore so he's still a plus. Abbrederis is the same as is Pederson. We are losing the whole right side of the line so who knows how the backups are. Defense at least Borland and Taylor should be coming back. Even the kicker and punter are gone.

Will be interesting to see

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's hard to love a team that lost two games in such fashion as they did against MSU and Ohio State. I enjoy them and think it's great that won the big ten...but....I'm not going to bet the farm on them beating Oregon, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    As for next year, seeing the backup QB a bunch early in the season with those high scoring games and seeing him play a full quarter against a tired 4th quarter defense makes me worry how next year will go.
    Not too worried seeing as to how they've got this guy:

Joel Stave, formerly of whitnall HS. Bar none, the best QB I've ever seen prior to reaching the pro's (the two best I'd seen before was John Navarre of cudahy, michigan, making it to the nfl, and Zak Kustok from Notre Dame/Northwestern before playing a bit as a prospect/back-up in the nfl as well). It was always fun to watch him play...he made opposing coaches giddy even when he was tearing them up.

Stave is something like 6'5"-6'6", has got the single best throwing arm I've ever seen in a high school qb, and can run...plus does a lot of the little things extremely well (look at how well he sells his playaction fakes).

In the video above, the first game they play against is the sideline I work on...Greendale HS. Understand, they had basically no O-line while we had two all-state nosetackle and linbacker, and adjusted our secondary to take away as many of his options as possible...we won something 49-21, but understand this was a D that had in which the number 1 unit shut out 6 teams, including Pewaukee which featured Badger recruit Derek Watt at running back (yep, J.J. Watts little brother) and at the time was ranked #6 in the area.

He has "preferred walk-on status" going in, but next season he'll certainly be under regular scholarship. He got a ton of 1A and 1AA looks, but Wisconsin was where he always wanted to play. I honestly think this kid will make us ask "Russel who?" when he's all done at WI.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

For a walk-on status player, I'd be really surprised if he's a starting QB for them anytime soon. It happens but not too quickly, especially a QB. Call me skeptical but the Badgers haven't been too good at attracting big time talent at QB until Wilson became a "free agent" this summer. I hope I'm wrong though.

I think people were excited until they blew their chance by losing to MSU...with the Packers success (and people taking for granted the Badgers success of late) just getting to the Rose Bowl isn't a huge deal, although it was real nice to fight back and the Big 10 title game was exciting. The MSU loss is one thing, then losing to a very mediocre OSU team was enough for the bandwagon fans to drop off. If they win the Rose Bowl, it will be a successful season, but with a game changer at QB to go along with the usual dominating running game, there was a chance for a BCS title, or at least making to to play LSU.

As sports fans, especially football...we've been pretty spoiled.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

why, the rose bowl is a let down for them considering where they should be.....undefeated. I will no longer be in love with UW football until they fire that ass-clown of a coach.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL