99 Stratus won't start

The kids car, a 99 Stratus won't start after sitting overnight. We have good power even tried putting the jumpers to it. When you turn the key nothing happens. No click tick or any noise. The brake indicator light on the dash comes on when you turn the key to the start position.
    Ideas???

Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

The battery could be so dead it wont take a charge. Do the headlights work? Are they bright? Do they change when you turn the key to start it?
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

Lights are bright and they stay constant when you turn the key to start with and without the jump on the battery.

My guess would be its as simple as he starter died. i replaced two this past week with all he old and rain ice. simple check with a meter or light to see if you have voltage on the battery. if you have 12 pr more on the battery with key off turn key. if its still the same no drop the starter iant even trying to go. check for voltage on small terminal of starter when key is turned. if you have voltage on small and large terminal when key is turned but jothing happens then the starter is most likely dead.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Replaced the fuse for the starter circuit and she starts fine for now. If she goes out again we'll have to dig a little deeper.

Thats common on those cars. The starter pulls too much juice and pops the fuse. My dads Breeze only does it in winter, but hes too cheap to replace the starter so he just carries extra fuses. Very seldom does it pop though.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    JLP
    79 Monte
    406/2004R/Phord 9"

Post whore
    ???????????? W?h?a?t?!!!!!!????????????