Thread: Alloy OTRCAI

Alloy OTRCAI

So, I've been mocking this up for a few weeks, today I finally put the pattern down and assembled it. The only really bad thing was that modeling in cardboard didn't allow me to check hood clearance at all, and sure as shit, it was too tall, so I had to basically refab it after it was built to make it shorter, so its not nearly as clean and sharp as it could have been. I may end up re-doing it before spring, but it'll depend on how it all goes with the install after I lower the radiator as much as possible. Anyhow, here are the pics of the template, and the finished product. Apologies for the cell pics.

For being built with no proper sheet metal tools (other than a tin snips) I'm happy with the results, but its definitely no SSOTRCAI..
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Curious to see how it turns out. With it going over the radiator heat soak would be a concern but then again it's got such a short path it may not matter.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

IAT breakout harness should solve that problem...

It is usable as is, but I'm not happy with it. I want to get it redesigned shorter, but I don't have the skills to do so. This is the extent of what my brain can create.. I think I need something more complex.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

Either way nice job. I bought a used Vararam that has the occasional SES light.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to so with the breather.. I may end up trying to source a bung I can install to keep the factory configuration.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

Quote Originally Posted by Wagonbacker9 View Post
    Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to so with the breather.. I may end up trying to source a bung I can install to keep the factory configuration.
    Mine came with the tiny k&n and already had a hole drilled so I was stuck with that. I've heard this can be an inedaquete(sp) way and I would have done it differently if I could. Any plans to paint it or anything? A flat texture black would look great.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    Pretty sure your homemade will work better than Nans he gets graped by 4 cylinders.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Mine came with the tiny k&n and already had a hole drilled so I was stuck with that. I've heard this can be an inedaquete(sp) way and I would have done it differently if I could. Any plans to paint it or anything? A flat texture black would look great.
    Plan is to send it to the guy who made my catch can to powder coat it to match, but I'm not going to waste the time or money if I'm going to redo it, so we'll see.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

So, it seems that every car I've modded, at one point I purchase a part primarily because it seems to be WAY more popular than the benefits it provides should really make it. Today... my ported FAST90 arrived. Hopefully I can get this OTR setup revised and installed. Between the 2 parts, I'm hoping for a healthy power bump. Its a lofty goal, but I'm hoping for 425 at the wheels.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

Looks good, always nice to see someone make their own stuff.