Thread: WTB Bow

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar

WTB Bow

I want to start bow hunting next year (hopefully) and I'm looking for a bow or at least some suggestions on a decent bow that wont break the bank since I'm just starting out (and just bought a house lol). Anyone have anything for sale or know of any good deals happening?

I have shot plenty of bows before, I've just been out of the loop for a while when it comes to whats decent.
    1968 Camaro 383

you can get a nice package from cabelas, gander for under 500 ready to shoot pse,bear,there is even a more budget friendly mathews now called mission by mathews I have a few year old mathews q2 and started with a hand me down pse compound bow

There normally seem to be some nice bows on craigslist also
    Last edited by xxtremeteam; 12-01-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

Matthew's FTW, unfortunately they are not that cheap. You can always go to west town archery now located off of like 126th and capitol i believe. I haven't been to the new location, but they always had used bows for sale for decent prices with lay away. If you do the lay away, you can still go in and shoot your bow to get used to it or to practice even if it's not paid for yet.
    "LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT"

'95 Rio Red Cobra 347 stroked SOLD!!
    '73 Mach 1 351 2v mostly stock
    '07 Harley Davidson Nightster 1200XLN SOLD!!
    '06 GMC Envoy (wifes DD)
    '03 Ford F150 XLT FX4 (DD)

BCM Cruiser
    Go to Forge Archery in New berlin. There are made right there in New Berlin and are awesome bows. In our group of hunters we have 4 of them, all different models. Support local companies! If you go in there talk to the guy behind the counter and he will let you go upstairs to the range and shoot any of the models you are interested in. When I went, he even offered me a beer on the way upstairs. Awesome group of guys that work there.

Quote Originally Posted by GarBear021 View Post
    Go to Forge Archery in New berlin. There are made right there in New Berlin and are awesome bows. In our group of hunters we have 4 of them, all different models. Support local companies! If you go in there talk to the guy behind the counter and he will let you go upstairs to the range and shoot any of the models you are interested in. When I went, he even offered me a beer on the way upstairs. Awesome group of guys that work there.
    Mathews are also made here in wisconsin in sparta
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

BCM Cruiser
    Correct, but on a large scale, where as with Forge, the only place that I know of to buy them is at the manufacturer, right here in southeastern wisconsin.

Thanks guys!
    1968 Camaro 383

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Not a bad deal.....

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/spo/2729511194.html

Reinemans in burlington sells used/consignment bows. They had a few decent ones for under $300 when I was there Saturday.

Don't skimp out or you will be buying another bow again real soon. Do it right the first time and don't buy some piece of crap. You owe it to the animals to make sure you're shooting something that gives you the best chance to repeat shots in an accurate manner. Shitty bows just don't do that. I'm a big Mathews proponent but I am definitely intrigued by Forge and I would imagine because they don't have the advertising expense of the big boys, the prices are probably good.

I don't want a shitty bow. I was just stating that I don't need some top of the line newest model bow. Going into this I kind of figured I was going to go with some sort of Mathews bow but I wanted to see if there was anything else out there. Also wanted to know if anyone knew any for sale.
    1968 Camaro 383

I know its like the Ford Chevy argument, but I'm a Hoyt guy, and you can't go wrong with one of those either...

HTC EVO 3G with tapatalk.
    2010 Nissan TITAN
    2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

I wasn't implying you were planning to buy a shitty bow but I was merely warning you against considering it. Bowtech, Hoyt, and Mathews are some of the big boys. Can't really go wrong with any of them. But go shoot those Forge bows and see if you like them. They get good reviews and look like they are well built. You can find a good deal on used bows on CL but I'd go to a shop and get measured first. The last thing a guy wants to do is shoot a bow that has a draw length too long or too short for them. This Switchback on Craigslist is a very good deal if it fits you... http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/spo/2701020913.html

I have 2 friends who shoot pse one a pse brute and the other a pse stinger I would have gotten a pse but my deal on the mathews was to good to pass up