Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    Are you saying that all ejectable offenses are the same? That would be an odd way to put it...

I mean, sure...there are plenty of crimes that result in arrest too...but not necessarily the have the same "outrage" factor associated with it. Case in point (and not likening/comparing anything that occurs on a football field with any of these) say, stealing food from a grocery store to feed your family and sexually assaulting a 10 y/o kid. Sure, both are crimes that can result in arrest...but they don't evoke the same outrage.

So to answer your question, the ejectable fouls did not reach the same level in my book; both ejectable...sure. But not nearly the same.

Are you really trying to cite a team from 25+ years ago to make a point? If that's not the definition of grasping at straws, I don't know what is...

...I mean, do you even know what people in this thread thought about the gregg team in the first place? Are you trying to accuse someone of hypocrisy? And that team informs me of the Lions how?
    Maybe he should beat his girlfriend and get thrown in jail, or get thrown in jail for 6 years for being a repeat drug offender, or maybe get caught in a hot tub with underage girls, or maybe send pics of his dick to a reporter. Would that be better, more current, and relevant enough? All I am trying to say is that the Packers have had some bigger issues than one of their players stomping on a guy, and I don't hear about the piece of shit coach in the piece of shit city, blah, blah, blah. Truthfully that's one of the reasons although I was born and raised in WI that I could NEVER be a Packer fan, they need a reality check as much as Suh, lol.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by STANMAN View Post
    Maybe he should beat his girlfriend and get thrown in jail, or get thrown in jail for 6 years for being a repeat drug offender, or maybe get caught in a hot tub with underage girls, or maybe send pics of his dick to a reporter. Would that be better, more current, and relevant enough?
    Hrrrmmm...I've yet to read anyone "defend" these instances. Likewise, I do remember quite a bit of outrage, particularly about Chumura.

All I am trying to say is that the Packers have had some bigger issues than one of their players stomping on a guy, and I don't hear about the piece of shit coach in the piece of shit city, blah, blah, blah.
    No, you're trying to make a tu quoque argument...more or less the adult equivalence of the childhood playground favorite comeback "I know you are...but what am I?"

And yes, Detroit IS very much a piece of **** town. Any coach who would look the other way over such an incidence and not punish a player for this, would qualify as a piece of **** coach in my book, and for now, looks like he might be absolving himself of that responsibility simply because he feels the league will fulfill his responsibility for him (lame...I'd still dole out a punishment regardless of what the league does). Most the players are alright I'm sure...but Suh is indeed a piece of **** in my book.

You say you "agreed" with them about your outrage...but then that lie was exposed when you equivocated.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    I am a Packers fan, however it will be interesting to see how the people posting on here will respond to this...

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/1...-arrested.html

It's one thing to stomp on a player out of a fit of anger, however it can be agreed that domestic violence is of that "worse" nature talked about earlier. So what Suh gets for punishment SHOULD be worse for Walden, correct?

Not trying to start an argument, just will be interestnig to see differences in penalties for on and off the field behavior

^^^^^

Well he is spending the whole weekend in jail because Brown Co. courts are closed down for the Holiday. I would say that is a damn good start!!

Second Amendment = Reset button for the Constitution.
    17 Yr. GM Master Technician, (Ret.)
    Type 01-Federal Firearms License Holder
    Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Contact me with your firearm needs
    '02 FLHTCUI- 95"- 106HP

Well, there's no specific details in the Walden case yet, and there aren't millions of fans particularly young children watching Walden possibly beat up his wife. All we know is what we read in the press, or what statements the police allow. Millions of fans watched Suh stomp on Dietrich-Smith during a time where your supposed to be at your most professional, setting those examples for people who look up to you. Walden should definitely get hit hard with fines if they find him guilty, but domestic violence at that caliber of professionalism isn't uncommon when your talking millions of dollars and the stresses of playing pro football. Intentionally stomping on players out of anger on the field is completely unsatisfactory any way you look at it.

I mean, if the fans really cared that much about violence they would have kept the XFL around..
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    I won't jump to any conclusions about walden inocent until proven guilty right? Unless he beat her infront of millions of people and then denied it? But then again the purpose of the thread was about suh right stanman?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

Frankly I don't give a shit if an NFL player does coke off of a stripper and beats his grandma, thats for him and the police dept to sort out, not the NFL. The NFL's concern with player activity outside of the game has started over reaching, and yet they seem to have very little control over what happens within their own walls.
    Under the same head coach a few years back, didn't a Lions player get a 4-6game suspension after putting someone in the hospital for kicking them? Head coach did jack shit about it, and even had the nerve to bitch about it to the league.

I was actually hoping for the Lions to have a good season; I like Matt Stafford, and I figured it would be nice to have another bigger division rival, since MN has gone straight to shit, and the bears are the bears. Its worn off... Whoever made the Detroit - NewOrleans comparison is pretty much right on; except at least N.O. won a title.
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSST View Post
    Well, there's no specific details in the Walden case yet, and there aren't millions of fans particularly young children watching Walden possibly beat up his wife. All we know is what we read in the press, or what statements the police allow. Millions of fans watched Suh stomp on Dietrich-Smith during a time where your supposed to be at your most professional, setting those examples for people who look up to you. Walden should definitely get hit hard with fines if they find him guilty, but domestic violence at that caliber of professionalism isn't uncommon when your talking millions of dollars and the stresses of playing pro football. Intentionally stomping on players out of anger on the field is completely unsatisfactory any way you look at it.

I mean, if the fans really cared that much about violence they would have kept the XFL around..
    Did you just attempt to justify beating a woman if you're a millionaire and stressed out?

I'm sure glad Adam isn't a millionaire...
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

Sheez what the fuck is the big deal? He plays a very aggressive and violent postion. Anyone who has ever played nose tackle should know that (not that any of you ever did) and he lost his cool. I am confident there was some other shit going on prior to this.

I played college ball and there is a lot more shit going on the field then anyone knows about, unless youve been there.

He was wrong for losing his cool, but tell me which one of you guys (and lady) never lost your temper at work. If you haven't then:
    a)your a pussy
    b)your not passionate about your profession

2005 Roush Sport, 2009 F-150 PLATINUM SCREW
    You can get your Ford in any color you want, as long as it's black.

Did you just attempt to justify beating a woman if you're a millionaire and stressed out?
    Here we go, did I say that? Don't try to get off the subject that Suh is an asshat and your team has no class. Let me rephrase, domestic violence in pro sports in very common, especially when your talking millions, and these guys or gals not being born into money like that breeds a whole world of possible problems. We've seen worse things off the field. Now back to the topic at hand.

Suh has no class, and should be fined to infinity.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

Quote Originally Posted by CATNHAT View Post
    He was wrong for losing his cool, but tell me which one of you guys (and lady) never lost your temper at work. If you haven't then:
    a)your a pussy
    WTF? So the next time I get into it with someone at work, I should stomp a mud hole in their ass? According to you I better, if I'm passionate about enforcing the law, and not a pussy. Sweet.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

a)your a pussy
    or
    c) You act professional at work and not a douche like catnhat.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Sheez what the fuck is the big deal? He plays a very aggressive and violent postion. Anyone who has ever played nose tackle should know that (not that any of you ever did) and he lost his cool. I am confident there was some other shit going on prior to this.

I played college ball and there is a lot more shit going on the field then anyone knows about, unless youve been there.

a)your a pussy
    So what would happen if say a police officer lost their cool and acted out? Or any other public eye job? They'd get chastized(sp) like what's happening now. They get paid tens of MILLIONS of dollars to do just that play football. If a person is actually taking away from their team then they need to be removed or reminded of their position.

Also the fact that his history is being blindly ignored(by you guys) here surpirses me as well. If this was a one time thing then it would be a somewhat different situation. But it's not and he's one of THE most penalized and fined players in the NFL. His own college team mates said that he has serious issues that need to be addressed. Stop trying to defend this tool because you're making yourself look like one as well.

What if his dumb ass serious injures another player and ends their career, then how would you feel?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSST View Post
    WTF? So the next time I get into it with someone at work, I should stomp a mud hole in their ass? According to you I better, if I'm passionate about enforcing the law, and not a pussy. Sweet.
    This is football not accounting and if you tell me youve never gotten mad at a coworker then maybe you fall under category A.

Maybe you watched a different game, but I didnt see anyone stomp a "mudhole in his ass" what the hell??

It was a fight, and you prolly never been in one.

2005 Roush Sport, 2009 F-150 PLATINUM SCREW
    You can get your Ford in any color you want, as long as it's black.

This is football not accounting and if you tell me youve never gotten mad at a coworker then maybe you fall under category A.

Maybe you watched a different game, but I didnt see anyone stomp a "mudhole in his ass" what the hell??

You make no SENSE. Who the fuck thinks like you? Of course we all dislike certain fellow co workers, but who incorporates everyday jobs with the likes of football? You need to get off the couch dude. Its called intelligence, common sense, professionalism. You don't seem to have any.

Oh yes, I never been in a fight. You keep telling yourself that, whatever allows you to sleep at night.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

Lol....telling a Marine he's never been in a fight...that's funny

Lol, don't worry Ed, he'll be after you next. A combat hardened Soldier, he'll probably say you've never fired a gun
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

Wow.... I think we all need a good burnout or something.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    Wtf is going on in here? Sounds like an argument between elderly strippers at a bingo tournament.

I still want to watch but you all sound like douche bags.

As you were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk