Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where to trade guns in???

Just wondering who takes guns on trade......Cabella's, Gander Mountain????

Looking to get rid of a few and pick up a new carry gun, thought it would be easier than trying to sell outright.
    2011 Chevy Malibu

Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion
    I believe both do trade in. What you looking to off load?

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    Trade them in to a store like that only if you intend on getting ripped off.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    What do you have for trade?

gander will rape you on trade in.

They offered me 120 for my m&p when it didn't even have 50 rounds through it

You're best bet would be selling it outright. I was debating the same thing with my Ar-15 as I shoot my pistol pretty often so it'd be fun to get into a 1911 or something
    92 Bimini Blue Coupe ZZZZzzzzZZZ
    2003 DSG Cobra

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude
    Function:Error
    IF IT DOESN'T HAVE TITS, A TRIGGER, OR THROTTLE I'M NOT INTERESTED

"If" you go to Cabelas go to there online sight, scroll thru used gun section and print off same models with prices they want, they have a large selection of used guns online they ship from store to store. I traded in a high end 24" bull barrel target gun years ago, its used value was over a grand but I knew I would take a hit on a "custom" gun, left with a $800 credit I never thought I would get. On the opposite side of the coin look at there used gun's in store, some are actualy a good buy so it goes both ways (I checked and the $800 credit I got for my target rifle had a $1600 asking price, dont know what they got but it sold).
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

I was thinking of trading a few pistols, but I'm leaning more toward trading my ar-15 for a decent pistol or two. Would love a private trade if anyone has something......

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    2011 Chevy Malibu

So what do you have for pistols?
    2010 Nissan TITAN
    2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

I'm always interested in trades.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

BCM Cruiser
    Most gun dealer and big name stores go off of the gun values blue book. Well when you trade in, It may or may not be current. But they will give you 60% of what they say they will sell it at...But thats BS, they will give you 60% of the value in the blue book and then sell it at 100% of what they gave you, well over what they say its worth...Before you trade in go look at the prices of the used guns and then look at the gun blue book, you will see a big difference. But the thing is. they hold that blue book as gospel when you trade in a gun...but they dont even come close to those prices when they resell them.....Let use know what you have on here. You will make more money on a private sale then trading it in..

Quote Originally Posted by UnderPSI View Post
    I'm always interested in trades.
    Im regretting selling that .44 want to sell it back to me?

2005 Roush Sport, 2009 F-150 PLATINUM SCREW
    You can get your Ford in any color you want, as long as it's black.

It's just like trading in a car. Car dealers don't even give you a percentage of blue book anymore they give you a percentage of what they can get your car for at auction. I have taken guns in on trade, but I always tell people they'd be better off selling privately. I don't have a blue book, I usually give a percentage of new wholesale minus a set amount for cleaning/inspecting. It's worked for me so far, but I don't have the sales volume to cover sitting on a bunch of used guns so I try to avoid trades.

Quote Originally Posted by nitroxtreme View Post
    Most gun dealer and big name stores go off of the gun values blue book. Well when you trade in, It may or may not be current. But they will give you 60% of what they say they will sell it at...But thats BS, they will give you 60% of the value in the blue book and then sell it at 100% of what they gave you, well over what they say its worth...Before you trade in go look at the prices of the used guns and then look at the gun blue book, you will see a big difference. But the thing is. they hold that blue book as gospel when you trade in a gun...but they dont even come close to those prices when they resell them.....Let use know what you have on here. You will make more money on a private sale then trading it in..

Type 07/02 FFL - Manufacturer and Dealer of Firearms, including NFA Firearms
    sales@reapertactical.com
    Serial number requests available for RT15 receivers!!
    7% discount for BCM members (one discount applies per item)

"Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch."

Kind of figured I would get graped trading something to Gander or somewhere, just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Here's what I would like to do - I would like to trade my DPMS AR15 ( never shot ) for a handgun or 2 depending on what a person has. I'm looking for a good CC pistol and if I can get another one to set up for home defense, that would be cool too. If anyone happens to be interested I will provide more info.
    2011 Chevy Malibu

The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

but then what will u kill zombies with?
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    wayne i have a shit ton of pistols stop by and look

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Quote Originally Posted by fivonut View Post
    It's just like trading in a car. Car dealers don't even give you a percentage of blue book anymore they give you a percentage of what they can get your car for at auction. I have taken guns in on trade, but I always tell people they'd be better off selling privately. I don't have a blue book, I usually give a percentage of new wholesale minus a set amount for cleaning/inspecting. It's worked for me so far, but I don't have the sales volume to cover sitting on a bunch of used guns so I try to avoid trades.
    speaking of trades did you get my rifle handed off to someone who will acually use it?
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    wayne i have a shit ton of pistols stop by and look
    But would you have any use for the AR? Really would like to work a trade and get rid of what I don't use.

2011 Chevy Malibu

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    i can always use another ar

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Quote Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
    speaking of trades did you get my rifle handed off to someone who will acually use it?
    A guy at the Appleton gun show bought it. He saw it and had to have it.

Sent from my ATRIX using tapatalk.

Type 07/02 FFL - Manufacturer and Dealer of Firearms, including NFA Firearms
    sales@reapertactical.com
    Serial number requests available for RT15 receivers!!
    7% discount for BCM members (one discount applies per item)

"Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch."

After 5pm today I am off for the weekend Coop. let me know a good time to pop out with it if you're free.

2011 Chevy Malibu