2003 Impala issues... TCS and Security Light issuses

2003 Impala 3.4

I have the traction control engauging when I lightly accelerate and it drives me nuts to when I turn it off. Does anyone know if there is a fuse that I can pull so it never will come one again? I heard of a problem with the traction control and how a copper wire gets corroted and what not in which fools the traction control in coming on.

Next is my Security Light will come on while driving but nothing happens... It has been coming on more and more this past month. Any idea what may cause it to come on?
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

Both are tied in to the BCM. Could be related. Any codes from the BCM are defined by a U prefix. If no codes it might just be a bad / weak ignition switch. There is a plug on the switch that goes to the BCM. Usually the security light will flash and you will get a no start problem but not always. Sometimes just a relearn procedure will fix the problem. Key on engine off for 10 minute cycle repeated three times. Would be a good idea to disable DRL and keep the doors and acc off as it can drain the battery.

traction control functions are not really controlled by the bcm, they are more controlled by the ebcm and pcm. What kind of condition are your tires in? If you have bald tires that are slipping bad, the sudden increase in wheel speed could be interpreted as a need for traction control. A faulty wheel speed sensor or abs jumper harness (common for W cars) could also cause this issue. As far as the security light is concerned, both passlock sensors (part of the ignition cylinder) and BCM internal issues are common. Have the BCM scanned for codes. If the fault is with the passlock sensor, the common code is a B2960.
    GM World Class Certified Technician

Well the tires are new, but I am not going to really worry about the Security light at this moment. I may just take it and trade it in. It's time to up grade to a SUV since the family is getting bigger. Just trying to figure out what to get.
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!