at heart im a domestic v8 type of guy... so having a 4 banger thats raspy and or even just having a big ol baby launcher hanging off the back of my car is not accpectable! I put a 3in turbo back exhaust on my subie and its loud as sh!t and is very annoying going down the freeway. Ya it sounds sweet at WOT but this is a daily driver! Secondly, i bought a trailer hitch and of course it wouldnt fit with the mini cannon under my bumper.

SOOOOO, i picked up a used stock sti catback off craigslist. I wanted to still run my 3in exhaust but just change the muffler at the axle in hopes of quieting my car and having the trailer hitch fit. well i accomplished both! The stock sti muffler WILL NOT bolt up to a 3in catback. So if you look at the flange on the stock sti mid pipe(the flange that connects to the downpipe) it uses a donut style gasket but the outer lip is 3in! sooo i cut the flange off the mid pipe.... cut the flange off the muffler and welded the 3in donut style gasket to it. wam bam done its that easy! so now i have a full TBE 3in exhaust all the way back to the axle where it goes down to 2.5in and into a sti muffler. I wish i could explain how the car sounds but its soo different sounding and is very quiet, almost like a stock sti but of course i dont have cats and its 3in so its got a nice tone to it! and your all prolly wondering what my butt dyno thinks?!! i dont feel any difference in WOT power, maybe just a slight lag in the turbo by like 200-400rpms... but other than that i have no complaints! Best exhaust setup ive ever put on a DD four banger! Plus if i ever decied to take my trailer hitch off, i can easily just bolt on the 3in axle back miffler!

a couple quick shitty pics cause its damn cold out!

the flange i cut off the front of the STI mid pipe bolted to my 3in exhaust (mockin it up)

STI muffler with the 3in flange welded to it

mounted