Threaded View

The T3/T4eclipse broke 2much:P BigSnailBuick's Avatar

Businesses and CCW

So today I went into Pat's Rib Place and was sad to see no guns allowed signs. Now I am quite a regular there and expressed my opinion on the matter. I told the owner that not only will business decline when more citizens begin to get their permits but how its just outright silly to make it a no guns establishment. Those that will negatively use their firearms are always going to have them regardless of a little sign, and have already had them. She expressed to me that she didnt want customers to be intimidated by people carrying guns into the place which is when I asked her what do you mean?

She along with many other business owners in the area think that someone with their permit is going to just have their guns hanging out for all to see like the wild wild west as she put it. I giggled a little bit and told her not only was that not the case but that 99.9% of ccw holders will never even display their firearm. Along with that their are laws (although oddly written) that can essentially get people in trouble for doing so. -Carry or display a facsimile firearm in a manner that could reasonably be expected to alarm, intimidate, threaten or terrify another person. Wis. Stat. § 941.2965. The way I read that is essentially open carrying, which im sure is how most of us read it.

Either or the fact remains, unless the person is one of those idiotic people in the .01% trying to prove some point by openly carrying, her and her customers will never know when someone has a weapon. This put her in a more relaxed state of mind about conceal carry and I was informed she will take the signs down. Score one for CCW! But I was also told that my next beef briscut dinner will be burned and dry if one of those .01% nuts shows up and messes up her day LOL So If you ever carry in Pat's PLEASE dont be a .01% nut :P
    Last edited by BigSnailBuick; 11-11-2011 at 05:30 PM.
    "Plus my rats come in packs like Sammy and Dean Martin, and I got soo many keys you'd think I was Valet parking"
    1987 Buick Regal Turbo T Limited- DBB 6766, ProEFI, E-85.
    2000 Audi S4- Nogaro Blue w/ matching interior! Chipped and a maintenance nightmare.