Dodge R/T trans problems?????????? TR6060

Having hard shifting and grinding 1-2 and 2-3 read alot on line any at dealers? uptown tech seems like a know it all. says never seen a problrm bit I find post after post with gm, ford, and dodge

any dealer tech help would be great
    "My cars got miles.... Garage queens, that's your style"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwII0k2bSpM

Ten years ago if you had 500HP you were the man. Now days that means you bought a new car

I make no claims of being an expert but ive never heard of problems. In fact manu of the viperbguys are going to that trans from the t56 most claim its very stout.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Ten years ago if you had 500HP you were the man. Now days that means you bought a new car

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparjim View Post
    I make no claims of being an expert but ive never heard of problems. In fact manu of the viperbguys are going to that trans from the t56 most claim its very stout.
    that is what i have read also,the old style can have some issues is what i have read but the newer styl are very good

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

im telling you try bleeding the master and slave see what happens

Never heard of it in 5th gen Camaro's using the 6060 either, just tailshaft failure. Clutch hydraulics or foot coordination issues is at fault, shifting issues at the trans is purely a symptom.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Never heard of it in 5th gen Camaro's using the 6060 either, just tailshaft failure. Clutch hydraulics or foot coordination issues is at fault, shifting issues at the trans is purely a symptom.
    looks like the forums tell a diffrent story and tremecs sight says the same its a trans problem not a hydraulic and is a one peice unit cannot be bleed and it does it shifing slow so its not foot coordination and more than me has felt this
    Last edited by Dr.Buick; 11-07-2011 at 09:11 PM.

But it's isolated to mopars, so it's something to do with that setup?
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

ihave not felt it in any GT500 jim but it is for sure there in yours

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    But it's isolated to mopars, so it's something to do with that setup?
    tom did you READ the link first 3 post are from camaro forums not mopar
    Owners of Chevy, Ford and Chrystler performance cars with the TR6060 have been plagued with 1-2, 2-3 gear shift grind/hard to shift issues at high RPM. Obviously alot of people are left on their own because the OE manufacturers are not putting out a TSB to fix the issue.

Some links to what seem to be the fixes for the TR6060. Seems like upgrades we end up having to pay for because the OE vehicle manufacturers won't put a TSB out on the issue and something Tremec won't fix for you since it's an OE vehicle manufacturer issue. It'd be nice if Tremec chimes in on these forums at least to help trouble shoot and give official word on the issue...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173773

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176733

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115613

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    ihave not felt it in any GT500 jim but it is for sure there in yours
    http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9441

Maybe ive never heard of it because the viper and vette versions have he better sybchros i bet. I will have to read more...
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Yep, it shoots fireballs!!! stealthy1ss's Avatar

PM Plum Crazy. He is a tech at Palmen Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep in Kenosha.

that was the same thing i read jim,but there is another thread on another forum that shows different part numbers on the trans for the ones that have been corrected keep reading

"Early production TR-6060s with Second gear brass synchro rings had problems (note scouring and damaged gear teeth "in picture") attributed to missed shifts, improper break-in, or stationary burnouts. The fix: later, more fault tolerant carbonized rings. Note: if you're a hot shoe, TTC says the brass rings ultiately have more torque capacity." There are a couple of pics next to it.
    1-2 SYNCHRO, BLOCK RING AND SHIFT FORK $1800.00

Add new clutch your at 1500 your at 3300 better buying a new trans and clutch

Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

We have had several manual trans Challengers with problems, we have just put entire units in them. I have seen where it pops out of gear, been noisy. We even had one that broke off the mounting points for the shifter assembly. Depending on the build date, there is a Rapid Response to replace the trans if its popping out of 2nd gear. And its not a Mopar part, when we order them, they get shipped directly from Tremec.
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

9-09

Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Buick View Post
    9-09
    They cancelled the RRT and came out with this Tech Tip:

Issue 1:

The TR6060 6-speed manual transmission in the 2008 - 2010 Dodge Viper and 2009 - 2010 Dodge Challenger is now to be repaired with component parts as necessary, rather than replacing the complete transmission.

In the past, the TR6060 manual transmissions were replaced because of active Fast Feedback programs. However, those programs have concluded, and all component parts are now available for the repair of the Viper and Challenger TR6060 manual transmission as needed.

Please diagnose the issue, disassemble the transmission as required, and order the component parts needed for the repair. A complete transmission is to be ordered only when it is determined that the cost of repairs exceeds the standard 70% rule.

Chrysler Engineering can be contacted directly for questions on the repair of the TR6060 manual transmission. Contact Kevin Stepinski at (586) 219-2438 (Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm Eastern Time) if assistance is needed.

Issue 2:

(For LC vehicles Only)

When servicing a 6 speed manual transmission use the following matrix to ensure that the proper internal components are used in the repair.

Transmissions with a service tag labeled as part number 05038209AE-AF and you require a 1st gear, 2nd gear, Synchronizer, or Countershaft use the following numbers:

68056777AA - First Gear

68056774AA - Second Gear

68028950AA - Synchronizer

68056775AA - Countershaft

Transmissions with a service tag labeled as part number 05038209AG and you require a 1st gear, 2nd gear, Synchronizer, or Countershaft use the following numbers:

68056777AB - First Gear

68056774AB - Second Gear

68080314AA - Synchronizer

68056775AB - Countershaft

All these parts are currently on Back Order, so im guessing that its very common for these componets to fail.
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Plum Crazy View Post
    They cancelled the RRT and came out with this Tech Tip:

Issue 1:

The TR6060 6-speed manual transmission in the 2008 - 2010 Dodge Viper and 2009 - 2010 Dodge Challenger is now to be repaired with component parts as necessary, rather than replacing the complete transmission.

In the past, the TR6060 manual transmissions were replaced because of active Fast Feedback programs. However, those programs have concluded, and all component parts are now available for the repair of the Viper and Challenger TR6060 manual transmission as needed.

Please diagnose the issue, disassemble the transmission as required, and order the component parts needed for the repair. A complete transmission is to be ordered only when it is determined that the cost of repairs exceeds the standard 70% rule.

Chrysler Engineering can be contacted directly for questions on the repair of the TR6060 manual transmission. Contact Kevin Stepinski at (586) 219-2438 (Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm Eastern Time) if assistance is needed.

Issue 2:

(For LC vehicles Only)

When servicing a 6 speed manual transmission use the following matrix to ensure that the proper internal components are used in the repair.

Transmissions with a service tag labeled as part number 05038209AE-AF and you require a 1st gear, 2nd gear, Synchronizer, or Countershaft use the following numbers:

68056777AA - First Gear

68056774AA - Second Gear

68028950AA - Synchronizer

68056775AA - Countershaft

Transmissions with a service tag labeled as part number 05038209AG and you require a 1st gear, 2nd gear, Synchronizer, or Countershaft use the following numbers:

68056777AB - First Gear

68056774AB - Second Gear

68080314AA - Synchronizer

68056775AB - Countershaft

All these parts are currently on Back Order, so im guessing that its very common for these componets to fail.
    What to do one????