Anyone go to Gander mountain recently?

Holy hell have they upgraded, 3 walls solid stocked with guns, and an unbelievable amount of hand guns to choose from. This whole time I thought they were going to be shut down by Cabelas but I guess I was wrong.

Also fleet Farm in WB has a pretty good deal

Smith and wesson M&P for 489.00 til 11/12
    92 Bimini Blue Coupe ZZZZzzzzZZZ
    2003 DSG Cobra

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude
    Function:Error
    IF IT DOESN'T HAVE TITS, A TRIGGER, OR THROTTLE I'M NOT INTERESTED

Last time I was by the Germantown one it was closed for remodeling. I did see a sign about them claiming to have the largest gun selection around on the side of hwy45 when I was on my way to Cabelas.

Did Gander still have the usual MSRP high prices?
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

actually from what i could tell ALOT of their prices were reasonable, and lower then cabelas But there were so many guns it was hard to tell. I was in awe as to how many guns they had they aren't lieing when they say the largest gun store.

Seemed to me that cabelas was taking advantage of the CCW going into effect.

850 for a USED HK USP 40 compact
    560 for a used M&P 40

seemed a lot of their pistols were quite a bit more then the last time I was there, which only about a month ago.
    Last edited by Slow5oh; 11-06-2011 at 10:28 PM.
    2003 DSG Cobra

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    its called gunworld now

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
    Last time I was by the Germantown one it was closed for remodeling. I did see a sign about them claiming to have the largest gun selection around on the side of hwy45 when I was on my way to Cabelas.

Did Gander still have the usual MSRP high prices?
    Its called gun world and its amazing.. there has to be well over 5k guns in the place..

I just went tonight to Gander in G-town, got a 3-9x40 Nikon with BDC for $149!!!
    Thats cheap as online, cheaper than the Gander in Wauk by $20, Cabelas was like $200.
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion
    I went there on Saturday and was looking at handguns and talking to an employee. He said that this gander is a trial and if it does well they will open 10 more of them across the country. He also said it is also to try to get more people to stop in and buy guns instead of going to Cabelas. I asked if they do price matching he said yes they will match cabela prices unless it is a Cabela exclusive item. They will also match any price of any gun store. There prices did seem about average for all other gun stores.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Yea the Gander Mountain in Germantown is INSANE now....they got rid of nearly all the fishing, camping, and clothing stuff and filled the place with guns. It took me over 30 minutes just to walk the handgun section and checkout everything.
    Daily Summer Driver- '04 GTO- Few bolt-ons with some juice...
    Winter Project- 5.3 Turbo Mystery Machine
    Summer Toy- '08 Hayabusa, Stretched with Sticky Tire, No Boost Yet

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Jerome View Post
    I just went tonight to Gander in G-town, got a 3-9x40 Nikon with BDC for $149!!!
    Thats cheap as online, cheaper than the Gander in Wauk by $20, Cabelas was like $200.

Before they closed for remodel I got 2 of them for $240 and sold one for $170. I have $70 in the one I kept.

I went there last week sometime when I drove by and saw cars there again, their gun selection is huge.
    2002 F150 supercrew- st8 pipe, SCT-3 w/custom tunes
    1999 Yamaha RoadStar Silverado
    2002 Honda vtx1800 - exhaust, programmer, hypercharger, lowered
    97.5 Regal GS - some small mods. (Grandpa's Sleeper)
    52 MG TD Replica VW powered ​FOR SALE

I love the new Gander Gun World! Nice to see somewhere care about guns instead of boats and fishing for a change. HUGE selection of guns, used prices were still WAY out of line, but that will never change

There is still one main difference between Gander Mtn and Cabelas... The staff at Cabelas is knowledgeable. Gander just seems to have the same old people there that don't know squat about guns. Just my $.02 Also might just be my bad luck with getting all the crappy salesmen when I go to Gander Mountains.
    2010 Nissan TITAN
    2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

Quote Originally Posted by GsxrBots View Post

There is still one main difference between Gander Mtn and Cabelas... The staff at Cabelas is knowledgeable.
    Yeah,ok.
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by GsxrBots View Post
    I love the new Gander Gun World! Nice to see somewhere care about guns instead of boats and fishing for a change. HUGE selection of guns, used prices were still WAY out of line, but that will never change

There is still one main difference between Gander Mtn and Cabelas... The staff at Cabelas is knowledgeable. Gander just seems to have the same old people there that don't know squat about guns. Just my $.02 Also might just be my bad luck with getting all the crappy salesmen when I go to Gander Mountains.
    It is the luck of the draw. If you want to talk to someone who knows guns at Gander Germantown ask for Doug, he was there when I still worked there and knows his stuff. Or you could get some person who can't tell the difference between a Stoger O/U and a Browning Citori.

we stopped there on our way back from cabelas. there was tons of cars parked down the road but inside didn't seem all that full. i browsed the used shotguns first couldn't find anything i liked in a decent price range then i went to browse the news and came across a really nice mossberg 500 waterfowl. Camo done up like i wanted just wish it would shoot 3 1/2" shells. $399 for the gun which i thought was pretty cheap. Ganders site has it for $379 tho i seen and i think i've seen it as low ans $360 or $350 new at bass pro so i wonder if they would hook me up i'll be needing a new gun next year as i'm getting rid of the stoger pump gun i have now since it has a fixed choke now
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Vintage Racer
    Browsed that place twice already, only came out with some hoppes 9 solvent but the selection is just incredible. That is my new "go to" place to window shop, and then I'll go buy it from fiveonut for less. I was definitely eye humping this Dan Wesson 1911 in 10mm, then the AR-30 for $1800. I agree with most here, average prices, used prices are just rediculous but that's true of anyplace like that. The guy I had the second didnt know his ass from a hole in the ground about any of the guns I looked at, but he was honest and up front about it at least. Overall good experience, and for the right price or right equipment I would definitely buy from them.
    Beater: 96 Dodge 1500 5.9 4x4 trans fixed!!
    Toys: 70 Saab 99 GT3/GTU, 54 Chevy Bel Air Sedan

I'm applyig for part time firearms hopeully if I get it people don't say that about me

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    2003 DSG Cobra

HOLY CRAP!

I went into Gun WOrld today and looked around. Someone should call the DEA because whoever is pricing used guns has a HUGE crack problem.
    Yugo M48 Mauser for $500+, Used S&W 4006TSW $800+ (which was the same price a new in box one was selling at the 27th St one last year) usually they go for $400ish, S&W CS9 $500+, other used ones had tags with the wrong models on them.

For new guns I was looking at they were charging MSRP on S&W 442 & 642 with lock and $50 OVER MSRP for the ones w/o the lock.

The only thing I saw worth buying was the 50 rd box of Winchester 180grn Bonded HP (LE contract overrun) which I assume were the boxes that used to be at the Waukesha store that were gone last night when I went there to pick some up. $19.99 box, and even that rang up at 24.99, but they fixed it when I told them it said 19.99 on the shelf.

I don't see myself going back until they put the pipe down.

The make Cabela's look the Walmart for prices.

On the plus side the Fleet Farm in Germantown sells handguns now and their prices aren't too bad.
    Jamie

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
    HOLY CRAP!

I went into Gun WOrld today and looked around. Someone should call the DEA because whoever is pricing used guns has a HUGE crack problem.
    Yugo M48 Mauser for $500+, Used S&W 4006TSW $800+ (which was the same price a new in box one was selling at the 27th St one last year) usually they go for $400ish, S&W CS9 $500+, other used ones had tags with the wrong models on them.

For new guns I was looking at they were charging MSRP on S&W 442 & 642 with lock and $50 OVER MSRP for the ones w/o the lock.

The only thing I saw worth buying was the 50 rd box of Winchester 180grn Bonded HP (LE contract overrun) which I assume were the boxes that used to be at the Waukesha store that were gone last night when I went there to pick some up. $19.99 box, and even that rang up at 24.99, but they fixed it when I told them it said 19.99 on the shelf.

I don't see myself going back until they put the pipe down.

The make Cabela's look the Walmart for prices.

On the plus side the Fleet Farm in Germantown sells handguns now and their prices aren't too bad.
    I said something to one of the counter guys about the price on the ruger sr40c. he told me that "he personally went to cabelas and matched there prices." I laughed and then told him to go back and try again. He didn't laugh like my buddy did.

LOL. Nice. Looks like a place to handle a gun you may want, before you buy it from somewhere else.
    Jamie

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    going to have to stop and check it out!