The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

WTB Used Medium/Small frame .38/9mm auto for my Dad

Looking to get my dad his own pistol for Christmas this year. He's never owned a gun, but fired plenty over the years. With the recent law changes, he told me what he wants more than anything is a pistol. He doesn't want anything new or fancy, just a nice medium/small gun for carry. I'd prefer to find something used to save a little money if possible. I'd be looking at something similar to the Taurus Concealed carry in terms of size. Brand is open, but the only thing he DOESN'T want is a grip safety. I'd really like to spend less than $300 if its possible.

Thanks!
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

does he have an idea what feels good in his hands? the pk380 i have feels good its medium framed to me. And brand new they are pretty cheap ive run two boxes of ammo thru mine and it still works just fine.
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Personally, I'm not sold on the. 380 acp yet. Not when there are plenty of slightly larger 9's available.
    I'm getting a kel-tec pf-9. Its one of the smaller 9mm's ever made. You can get them for below your price range. Get ahold of fivonut or coopsbrother. Whatever you get, you better make sure he at least holds it first. Everybody is different. Whats comfortable for me, may not be for you.
    Last edited by Lash; 11-20-2011 at 08:20 PM.