Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Permits

wait so am i hearing this right all i need is my hunter saftey card and dl # i thought there was more to this ccw thing. at work we just got the right to carry in the store so i'll be putting this thru soon as i get some money. also where do i get the form from?
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Yes but I'd recommend a hands on class to get the legalities and a little knowledge on the subject. Also 50.00 check or money order
    92 Bimini Blue Coupe ZZZZzzzzZZZ
    2003 DSG Cobra

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude
    Function:Error
    IF IT DOESN'T HAVE TITS, A TRIGGER, OR THROTTLE I'M NOT INTERESTED

was going to take the class since last i heard you needed the class but i would like to take a class yet for like you said legalities

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...ealedCarry.asp

2011 Wisconsin Act 35 created a process for Wisconsin residents to obtain concealed carry licenses. The Department of Justice is working diligently to implement this legislation. Emergency rules implementing the process and listing recognized out-of-state licenses are now approved .
    FAQs
    This Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document answers some of the most common questions regarding Wisconsin’s new law. Other questions may be answered by this Department of Natural Resources FAQ.

Address Changes: Important
    Please ensure that you have notified the Department of Transportation (DOT) of any address change as required by law. The current residential address that you list on your concealed carry application MUST be the same as the one registered with DOT or your application will be denied. You can make address changes with DOT online at: http://www.dot.state.wi.us/drivers/d...ess-change.htm

Applications for CCW Licenses
    Concealed Carry Application Form Printing Help: Some printers do not automatically scale the document and will cut off the bottom of the document’s pages. In this case, you may need to change the Page Scaling setting in your Print window to “Shrink to Printable Area.” There are signatures required on pages 2, 3, and 4. If you do not have signature blocks on those pages, you are not printing the entire document.

After you complete the application you can mail it to:

Wisconsin Department of Justice
    Attn: Firearms Unit
    PO Box 7130
    Madison, WI, 53707-7130

If you do not have online access, you can mail a request to the above address and an application will be mailed to you.

Your application must:
    Be completely filled out
    Be signed in all areas indicated, to include the statement that the information provided in the application and any document submitted with the application is true and complete to the best of the applicant’s knowledge.
    Include a check made out to the Wisconsin Department of Justice in the amount of $50.
    Include a copy of your proof of training.
    Training Requirements
    Act 35 requires applicants to provide proof of firearms safety training. Any one of the below listed documents will be accepted as proof of meeting the law’s training requirement:
    1. The hunter education program established under s. 29.591 or a substantially similar program that is established by another state, country, or province and that is recognized by the department of natural resources. (Note: you can obtain a duplicate Wisconsin hunter education certificate instantly online)

2. An unrevoked concealed carry license from another state or jurisdiction. You must enclose the affirmation form DJ-LE-289 verifying it is not revoked for cause. The license may be current or expired.

3. Proof of military, law enforcement, or security firearms training.
    Former military: DD214 or DD256 form showing either “honorable” or “general under honorable conditions” discharge or release from the US military.
    Active military: Certificate of completion of basic training with service record of successful completion of small arms training.
    Law enforcement: Certification letter from the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board or Law Enforcement Standards Board Transcript of Recruit Course Completion from Wisconsin or another state.
    Security: Department of Safety and Professional Services Firearms Certification of Proficiency or similar course in another state.
    4. Department of Justice Firearm Safety Course certificate (issued by DOJ-certified instructors).

5. Firearms safety or training certificate from a course taught by a national or state organization that certifies firearms instructors, or by an instructor certified by a national or state organization that certifies firearms instructors, or to the public by a law enforcement agency. If you participate in one of these courses, attach a copy of the certificate or affidavit from that course containing the following information:

Applicant’s name
    Name of the firearms safety or training course.
    Length of the firearms safety or training course (Minimum is 4 hours).
    Date on which the applicant completed the firearms safety or training course
    The city and state in which the applicant completed the firearms safety or training course
    The name, address, and telephone number of the person or entity responsible for the firearms safety or training course (may be an individual instructor, national or state organization, law enforcement agency, educational institution, firearms training school, or another public or private institution or organization)
    The name of the instructor who taught the firearms safety or training course and the name of the agency or organization that certified the instructor if different than above.
    A signed statement by the instructor who taught the course affirming that the course satisfied the definition of a firearms safety or training course in s. JUS 17.03(8) and that the applicant successfully completed the course
    **Any one of the proof of training documents listed in #1-#5 are sufficient. For example, a person who submits a DNR hunter education certificate is not required to submit documentation of #2-#5.
    2003 DSG Cobra

Mine is going in the mailbox in the morning!!!
    "LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT"

'95 Rio Red Cobra 347 stroked SOLD!!
    '73 Mach 1 351 2v mostly stock
    '07 Harley Davidson Nightster 1200XLN SOLD!!
    '06 GMC Envoy (wifes DD)
    '03 Ford F150 XLT FX4 (DD)

damn i just found it too before you posted that sorry

no need to be sorry just helping out
    2003 DSG Cobra

Mailed mine out 11/2 hope to have it around Turkey day, but we'll see...
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

God damn it... Son of a bitch. Brian98GTP's Avatar
    Sent mine in first thing Tues morn, too. Also printed off a new certificate for $3 off the DNR website, just so the address was matching with the check and application and whatnot. I didn't want to give them a single reason to deny the application.
    My check wasn't cashed yet, and no permit either.
    Hale To The Zoo!!

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss
    no,i think dani makes a better looking chick than the one we are talking about

07 GP GXP
    01 Camaro SS

My Garage

The T3/T4eclipse broke 2much:P BigSnailBuick's Avatar
    Sending mine in tomorrow. Been soo busy all week!!!
    "Plus my rats come in packs like Sammy and Dean Martin, and I got soo many keys you'd think I was Valet parking"
    1987 Buick Regal Turbo T Limited- DBB 6766, ProEFI, E-85.
    2000 Audi S4- Nogaro Blue w/ matching interior! Chipped and a maintenance nightmare.

So instead of paying $100 - $125 for the CC class, you could just do a $10 hunter's safety program and be good? That's kinda funny.
    2011 Chevy Malibu

Its kind of like getting your motorcycle license. You can go take the freebie road test down at the DMV or you can take the MSF course where you can learn things that you wouldn't otherwise know and pay a bit more. I took the MSF course.
    Jamie

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    SO as of today 4hr training was stripped from the requirement. hmmm

That's just the 4 hr mandate, you still have to have training.
    Jamie

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    If you aren't taking the course, you should at least read through this carefully.

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...ual-201110.pdf

alot of good info in there^^ took a bit of reading and once you do you realize alot of it is common sense and routine practice.

The Committee's action focused on several portions of the emergency rules offered by Attorney General J.B. Van Hollens DOJ that exceeded his statutory authority and ignored clear legislative intent.

One of the most important actions involved the Legislature eliminating many of the onerous requirements associated with the information that must be provided on a license applicant's training certificate (no training certificates issued anywhere in the country met the DOJ criteria prior to the announcement of the emergency rules). Another involved the elimination of the requirement that all training classes be a minimum of four hours. This is an issue the Legislature debated during the process that culminated in the passage of the new law and it is clear that it never intended for the DOJ to impose any specific curriculum or length of training class requirements.
    TaninAutoElectronix
    90 Mitsubishi Mirage 9.9@146, 800awhp
    04 Gallardo
    04 Lexus LS430
    71, 96, 94 Land Cruisers

Quote Originally Posted by Brian98GTP View Post
    Sent mine in first thing Tues morn, too. Also printed off a new certificate for $3 off the DNR website, just so the address was matching with the check and application and whatnot. I didn't want to give them a single reason to deny the application.
    My check wasn't cashed yet, and no permit either.
    Exactly how I did mine Tues. morning. I am kinda pissed off, I never even thought of going there in person. Thats how people that got them back already did it, hell none that got mailed were there on Tues. they had nothing to do but approve the 140 that went in person.
    2002 F150 supercrew- st8 pipe, SCT-3 w/custom tunes
    1999 Yamaha RoadStar Silverado
    2002 Honda vtx1800 - exhaust, programmer, hypercharger, lowered
    97.5 Regal GS - some small mods. (Grandpa's Sleeper)
    52 MG TD Replica VW powered ​FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by LIL EVO View Post
    The Committee's action focused on several portions of the emergency rules offered by Attorney General J.B. Van Hollens DOJ that exceeded his statutory authority and ignored clear legislative intent.

One of the most important actions involved the Legislature eliminating many of the onerous requirements associated with the information that must be provided on a license applicant's training certificate (no training certificates issued anywhere in the country met the DOJ criteria prior to the announcement of the emergency rules). Another involved the elimination of the requirement that all training classes be a minimum of four hours. This is an issue the Legislature debated during the process that culminated in the passage of the new law and it is clear that it never intended for the DOJ to impose any specific curriculum or length of training class requirements.
    If they would have finished the job there would have been less confusion. They should have a minimum time and a minimum course cirriculum as part of it. If your going to have a requirement, you should have standards for that requirement. You have people taking a 10 hr hunter safety course which has NOTHING to do with CCW but somehow a 4 hr minimum course that actually deals with the subject is too much? Give me a break.
    Jamie

JB Van Hollen mailed me a letter today, Inside it was CCW permit # 969.