Senior Member..now yer posting!

WTB: LT1 6 speed swap parts

Swapping to a 6 speed. I need anything ya got from this list. Let me know.

97 to 02 dark grey m6 center consil. *Good condition*
    Short throw Shifter.
    96-97 T56 transmission
    Last edited by 1997 Trans-Am; 11-03-2011 at 08:36 PM.
    ~Joe~UNITED SATES NAVY
    LT4 Hotcam, LT headers, Magnaflow Catback, CAI, 58mm TB, FLT Trans, 2800 Stall, UMI suspension

BCM Rseident Grill Master Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay's Avatar
    From doing this swap myself, you don't need a m6 pcm, just have it tuned immediately after to correct the emission codes, speedo, and a few other things. Dennis tuned mine and had no issues what so ever. i'd also recommend getting new hydraulics from the dealer. It will be about $220 but is bolt in and go, no need to bleed the system.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Post whore
    I have a flywheel I want to sell

Cool, good info! Saves me some headache I guess. Dennis tuned my car as well so I could go to him once I get it finished.

Ok, I guess I really only need a 97-02 dark grey consil, short shifter, boot.. most likely I'm gonna buy everything else new now that I think of it, but if anyone has anything let me know. How old and what brand of flyhweel?
    Last edited by 1997 Trans-Am; 11-03-2011 at 08:01 PM.
    ~Joe~UNITED SATES NAVY
    LT4 Hotcam, LT headers, Magnaflow Catback, CAI, 58mm TB, FLT Trans, 2800 Stall, UMI suspension

Post whore
    It is a gm flywheel that I bought years ago when I did the clutch on my car. not sure of the miles on it. I would resurface it though. $20

Bump..... still need pedals, center counsel.
    ~Joe~UNITED SATES NAVY

I'm guessing you have already searched Ebay, LS1Tech and LTXTech? That's where i got most of my swap parts from. Also look on Chitown.

The "dark grey" consoles ended in 99 FYI. 00-02 are ebony. Also seeing as you have a t/a why won't the 95-96 consoles be an option? They are the color your looking for too
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    The "dark grey" consoles ended in 99 FYI. 00-02 are ebony. Also seeing as you have a t/a why won't the 95-96 consoles be an option? They are the color your looking for too
    Ya know, I was thinking of that and i had a feeling that color ended. I just wasnt sure since 97 changed to the newer style interior and dash that i figured they would be different. I will look into it. thanks for the info man.

and yeah im on ls1tech. tried lt1tech but seems servers are down. still browsing ebay...
    ~Joe~UNITED SATES NAVY

When you complete the swap, I'd recommend a gear swap depending on what you have now. I installed 4:10's in mine and still got 28mpg hwy being nice.

Maybe I'm way off on the firebirds, but 97 was the dash change on Camaro's. The firebirds had the same general interior since 93, then got a slight face lift in 95 which was pretty much the last major change that lasted thru 02 other than graphite vs ebony.

Believe you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Maybe I'm way off on the firebirds, but 97 was the dash change on Camaro's. The firebirds had the same general interior since 93, then got a slight face lift in 95 which was pretty much the last major change that lasted thru 02 other than graphite vs ebony.

There was a slight change to the upper console in 97 with the pull out cup holder and cigarette lighter for the passenger. I know I know, its being picky. lol im trying to make everything look like it came from the factory in 97 with this swap. i want to do it right. Otherwise its going to bug me until I change it to the way it should be.
    ~Joe~UNITED SATES NAVY

Be prepared to pay dearly for a NICE 6 speed console, ESP the graphite. The boots usually are tore and usually the top near the cup holder is scratched. These are rare parts. I sold a mint ebony one for $150.

Found one! only $75.00. Just needs a boot which is no big deal. Hawksthirdgen.com was able to find one for me.
    ~Joe~UNITED SATES NAVY