Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member..now yer posting!

Any Sport Compact Winter Builds Happening This Year???

This section of the forum seems to be a little slow....let's get some action in here. What does everyone have planned for Winter 2011-2012? Any big builds going down?

I'm working on building my newly acquired '93 Lexus SC300. Currently it has the stock 2JZGE motor with a 67mm Turbo and Supporting mods on it. I'm looking to freshen it up over winter and switch the setup quite a bit as well as swap to a R154 trans from the factory W58 5-Speed. I'm hoping to make around 600-650whp on e85 by Spring. I will most likely start a build thread to follow my progress.

not big at all, actually the calmest smallest build in 3 years.

going to go from the dual walbro 255s to a single bosch 044 fuel pump.
    Switch to a TRD 160 thermostat, Switch to better dual fan setup and a DIF fan controller.
    Upgrade to Q45 Brake calipers (already have them) Stainless steel brake lines, new pads and rotors.
    And hopefully switching over to a AEM EMS V2.

Quote Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
    not big at all, actually the calmest smallest build in 3 years.

going to go from the dual walbro 255s to a single bosch 044 fuel pump.
    Switch to a TRD 160 thermostat, Switch to better dual fan setup and a DIF fan controller.
    Upgrade to Q45 Brake calipers (already have them) Stainless steel brake lines, new pads and rotors.
    And hopefully switching over to a AEM EMS V2.
    What management are you running now?

Mapecu2. Had a apexi AFC Neo when the car was bpu, and 1 year on the single turbo. Now 1 year with a mapecu2.Hopefully going with a standalone.

Mapecu2. Had a apexi AFC Neo when the car was bpu, and 1 year on the single turbo. Now 1 year with a mapecu2.Hopefully going with a standalone.
    Ah nice...Well if you want to sell the MapEcu2 I may have a buyer....I'm helping a friend finish his 2JZ S14 and he hasn't gotten his engine management yet.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just continueing to save/buy parts for the 89 Shelby CSX (#500 of 500). Mechanically have most the stuff done (hat-tip Russ Jerome who did clutch/trans, exhaust, engine mounts, etc) and it rides/drives perfect.

Just need to get a new front/rear air dam, and paint and it'll be pretty much *restored* which is the goal. From there I can tackle a bunch of other little stuff on the car. It belongs to my dad, so it'll end up back in his hands when I'm done.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    Just continueing to save/buy parts for the 89 Shelby CSX (#500 of 500). Mechanically have most the stuff done (hat-tip Russ Jerome who did clutch/trans, exhaust, engine mounts, etc) and it rides/drives perfect.

Just need to get a new front/rear air dam, and paint and it'll be pretty much *restored* which is the goal. From there I can tackle a bunch of other little stuff on the car. It belongs to my dad, so it'll end up back in his hands when I'm done.
    Wow that's awesome you have #500 of 500! That sounds like a fun project. Those things are awesome sleepers since not many know what they have in them. Way ahead of their time in technology....that's definitely one to hold on to.
    Daily Summer Driver- '04 GTO- Few bolt-ons with some juice...
    Winter Project- 5.3 Turbo Mystery Machine
    Summer Toy- '08 Hayabusa, Stretched with Sticky Tire, No Boost Yet

Putting together the white '90 SHO hopefully.
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Boostaddct View Post
    Ah nice...Well if you want to sell the MapEcu2 I may have a buyer....I'm helping a friend finish his 2JZ S14 and he hasn't gotten his engine management yet.
    i do $550 its his. used for like 6 months.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    At this rate I'll be working on the damn Lotus into winter. Still slow getting parts.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    Putting together the white '90 SHO hopefully.
    What's the plan for that? I always wanted a SHO ever since I saw the supercharged track setup one back from the Hyperformance days....

i do $550 its his. used for like 6 months.
    I'll let him know and contact you if he wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    At this rate I'll be working on the damn Lotus into winter. Still slow getting parts.
    What's up Murray! Good to see you still in the game....sorry to hear about your Lotus, but I can't wait to see it back together...I wish I would have seen your 240 in person.

What's the plan for that? I always wanted a SHO ever since I saw the supercharged track setup one back from the Hyperformance days....
    This car is staying N/A. Have a built motor already that's been sitting, that originally had the supercharger setup on it that I have on the red '90 now.

It has a full cage, compared to just a roll bar in the red car. Red car has full interior, but the hubster decided this car needed to be on a diet. Unfortunately, he lost interest in the project, so it's mine to finish or else it collects dust.

--Michelle--

Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

This is why we don't have FWDs FoxStang's Avatar
    This section of the forum seems to be a little slow....let's get some action in here. What does everyone have planned for Winter 2011-2012? Any big builds going down?

I'm working on building my newly acquired '93 Lexus SC300. Currently it has the stock 2JZGE motor with a 67mm Turbo and Supporting mods on it. I'm looking to freshen it up over winter and switch the setup quite a bit as well as swap to a R154 trans from the factory W58 5-Speed. I'm hoping to make around 600-650whp on e85 by Spring. I will most likely start a build thread to follow my progress.
    Doing any mods to the R154 for those numbers?
    This post makes me miss my MA71.
    1979 Mustang- Needs trans
    2004 Explorer- Daily

So is that the same white one from back in the Hyperformance days? It was rare to see a highly modified SHO like that. I wish I took pics of it back then, but I remember it having a full cage, big brake setup up front, and full coil over suspension.....I always loved that thing and it sat behind Hyperformance forever.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxStang View Post
    Doing any mods to the R154 for those numbers?
    This post makes me miss my MA71.
    Actually the R154 is in the winter build plans....currently still on the W58. I'm looking for a R154 and then will have Tim do the rebuild with some Marlin Crawler parts.

So is that the same white one from back in the Hyperformance days? It was rare to see a highly modified SHO like that. I wish I took pics of it back then, but I remember it having a full cage, big brake setup up front, and full coil over suspension.....I always loved that thing and it sat behind Hyperformance forever.
    Nope, picked this one up from the Chicago area years ago without a title. Was a "clean" California car.

I say "clean", because... well.... it was used for a road trip/move from CA to IL. And parked in a swamp kind of area for a year or so. Drove it on the trailer though!

--Michelle--

Post whore
    Boostaddct, make sure you get the new version of the thrust washer for your R154. It's the one WITHOUT the oil grooves. Ive rebuilt/modded 6 of these and the first gear thrust washer and the bearing plate are its weakest points. Check DriftMotion for a rebuild kit, its cheap and comes with the same as Toyota parts. There are a few tricks I've learned through out the years messing with these things. There is a shop that makes the shifter extension for your swap.

Quote Originally Posted by spooln30 View Post
    Boostaddct, make sure you get the new version of the thrust washer for your R154. It's the one WITHOUT the oil grooves. Ive rebuilt/modded 6 of these and the first gear thrust washer and the bearing plate are its weakest points. Check DriftMotion for a rebuild kit, its cheap and comes with the same as Toyota parts. There are a few tricks I've learned through out the years messing with these things. There is a shop that makes the shifter extension for your swap.
    Thanks for the tip! Yea I've been reading all of the threads on the R154 swap and some of the shifter extension options. I may PM you once I actually find the R154.....know of any????

Post whore
    BTW Michelle your cage looks great. Do you know Roy?

Post whore
    Actually I might. I'm swapping in a trans I rebuilt in my buddies Supra , so ill ask him what he's gonna do with the old one. I know it only needs a rebuild. I'll contact him and PM you when I find out.