Threaded View

`05 Buick Terraza = POS......

I am looking for input regarding a clunk on my grandparents 44k mile `05 Buick Terraza (GM minivan) with the 3.5L. The clunk is very audible and appears to be coming from the passenger side of the dash/firewall when sitting inside. I also heard the clunk outside coming from the rear passenger engine bay area when rocking the passenger front wheel/tire back and forth in park. I was by myself and could not pinpoint anything beyond this. The clunk is often heard when the trans is placed in drive (sometimes reverse) and accelerating in drive (sometimes reverse). Also, the clunk can be heard when going over a medium to large bump in the road. My thought is an engine mount but would first like input from a knowledgeable GM person whether an engine mount is plausible and/or common failure with only 44k miles. Please post up if you have anything to offer, thanks!

P.S. The 'POS' in the title is a result of this van being nothing but since they purchased new. My grandparents (early 80s) are in serious failing health and do NOT need additional 'headaches' like this. This issue is one of many since the warranty expired and in addition to many issues covered under warranty as well, ugh.....
    Last edited by Car Guy; 10-31-2011 at 11:23 AM.