Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member..now yer posting!

Rollcage, IC Piping, Exhaust?

Over winter I'm going to be upgrading the turbo setup on my SC300 and will need someplace local to do some custom IC piping from the TB to IC and IC to turbo outlet. While it's there I'm thinking I should make it legal to 10.0...I know it's hard to quote without seeing exactly what is involved, but if you could let me know ballpark estimates on the following I would appreciate it. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post publicly. Thanks!

1. Rollcage setup good to 10.0. Hoping to retain stock seats and not have to step over a large door bar. Back seats won't be used so piping can be done however is easiest for you.
    2. Custom 3" IC Piping- From tb to fmic and then from fmic to turbo outlet
    3. Downpipe- 4" off the exhaust housing down to a 3.5" pipe that will turn down around mid car. Will need bungs for factory o2 and wideband o2.

For reference the car is a '93 Lexus SC300 with the 2JZGE motor with a single 67mm turbo setup on it.

I'm of no real help here, I just want to ask the question of why stepping down to a 3.5" on the exhaust.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

Quote Originally Posted by Wagonbacker9 View Post
    I'm of no real help here, I just want to ask the question of why stepping down to a 3.5" on the exhaust.
    To be honest no real reason....I suppose I could just stick with 4" too. Supra guys seem to stick with 3.5" so I was just following the herd....lol

I would personally contact Ron (Juciedimpss) he has done many cages and does great work. should be like $1300-$1600 from what i've seen but dont base it off my memory.
    the intercooler piping i would find some 3" stuff on ebay you should be able to make your own, or get some foam and make a template out of it and then take it to a fab shop (again Ron should be able to do it) and he can make you something. same for the exhaust, i would personally go down to a 3" any bigger then that on a 2JZ and it starts to get REALLY loud from my experiance. Maybe look into a sound performance boost activated cutout, so you could have it open once it sees a certain boost (7psi+? or whatever you choose)

BTW any pics or more info on your setup? i may have a mapecu2 for sale if your interested.

Quote Originally Posted by flicktitty View Post
    btw any pics or more info on your setup? I may have a mapecu2 for sale if your interested.
    lol
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

It is best to call us to discuss. There are alot of variables for intercooler piping,like v-bands etc.
    rollcage (10.0 and slower)would be in the $15-1600 range as flick said,for the 8.50 cert stuff it adds about $1000. All of our rollcages are completely chromoly and fully tig welded.

Ron
    877-247-7223
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
    I would personally contact Ron (Juciedimpss) he has done many cages and does great work. should be like $1300-$1600 from what i've seen but dont base it off my memory.
    the intercooler piping i would find some 3" stuff on ebay you should be able to make your own, or get some foam and make a template out of it and then take it to a fab shop (again Ron should be able to do it) and he can make you something. same for the exhaust, i would personally go down to a 3" any bigger then that on a 2JZ and it starts to get REALLY loud from my experiance. Maybe look into a sound performance boost activated cutout, so you could have it open once it sees a certain boost (7psi+? or whatever you choose)
    That boost activated cutout is a great idea! I never really thought of that. And I'll get in contact with Ron soon then....maybe I can get the car down to him and see what he thinks. I saw the cage he did on the white S13 and that looked really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
    BTW any pics or more info on your setup? i may have a mapecu2 for sale if your interested.
    Unfortunately no pics yet...right now it's in the middle of a teardown though...switching a lot of things. I actually considered the MAP setup, but I think I'm going EMS. Currently it's setup on VPC/SAF2.

Current Setup:
    T4 Manifold (Think it was eBay special)
    Cometic 2.5mm HG, ARP Head Studs, Stock Block/Head/IM/TB
    67mm T4, GReddy WG, Blitz SBC
    BoostLogic FMIC and Piping with GReddy BOV
    3" Downpipe Back Exhaust
    Walbro 255, PTE 550cc Injectors, HKS VPC/SAFC2, AEM UEGO, Stock Ignition, NGK Plugs and Wires
    W58 Trans with ACT clutch

I think that's about it.....but this winter I'm switching pretty much everything and doing R154 swap.

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss View Post
    It is best to call us to discuss. There are alot of variables for intercooler piping,like v-bands etc.
    rollcage (10.0 and slower)would be in the $15-1600 range as flick said,for the 8.50 cert stuff it adds about $1000. All of our rollcages are completely chromoly and fully tig welded.

Ron
    877-247-7223
    Thanks Ron! I'll do that....Hopefully I can just bring the car down once it's back together....that's probably easiest anyways since there are so many variables.

Post whore
    Get a standalone, 1000cc injectors and another walbro. Run that pig on e85. 2jz's love it and it gives you awesome power at $3.25 a gallon. Stick with a 3.5 exhaust otherwise like like Flick said it will be too load.

Quote Originally Posted by spooln30 View Post
    Get a standalone, 1000cc injectors and another walbro. Run that pig on e85. 2jz's love it and it gives you awesome power at $3.25 a gallon. Stick with a 3.5 exhaust otherwise like like Flick said it will be too load.
    Definitely planning on running e85....seems like it would be crazy not to...lol. And for fuel I'll be running 1200cc injectors and a Walbro in-tank with a Denso in-line. Do you have a 2JZ too?

Post whore
    Yeah I have a 89 with a 2jzgte/R154. Not done yet but will be come late spring time. It's built for time attack/ street.

As far as running a in tank pump then a in line pump that's something I wouldn't do. Unless your also going to have a fuel scavenge tank. How this works is you have a low pressure/high volume pump in the tank then that feeds the scavenge tank then the in line tank feeds of that. What this does and main use is for road racing, so you never run into a lack of fuel situation due to g's. Lots of plumbing.

If I were you just run two intank Bosch 044's or run them outside the tank. I'm having my 044's outside my tank with either a surge welded to my factory tank or run a fuel cell. Also if your going to get a bigger turbo down the road the def get 1200 cc injectors but if your sticking with the 67mm then 1000cc will work fine. Remember the larger the Injector the more problems you'll have with the idle.
    Last edited by spooln30; 10-29-2011 at 03:27 AM.

Post whore
    With yours being a GE i would run a 7mgte CPS and use IS300 coils. Ditch the distributor. I might even have a 7mgte CPS you can have. If you go this route then Lmk and ill look for the cps.

Yeah I have a 89 with a 2jzgte/R154. Not done yet but will be come late spring time. It's built for time attack/ street.

As far as running a in tank pump then a in line pump that's something I wouldn't do. Unless your also going to have a fuel scavenge tank. How this works is you have a low pressure/high volume pump in the tank then that feeds the scavenge tank then the in line tank feeds of that. What this does and main use is for road racing, so you never run into a lack of fuel situation due to g's. Lots of plumbing.

If I were you just run two intank Bosch 044's or run them outside the tank. I'm having my 044's outside my tank with either a surge welded to my factory tank or run a fuel cell. Also if your going to get a bigger turbo down the road the def get 1200 cc injectors but if your sticking with the 67mm then 1000cc will work fine. Remember the larger the Injector the more problems you'll have with the idle.
    Sweet! I love seeing 240s with the 2JZ....I'm actually helping a friend finish up his S14/GTE swap right now....by Spring it should be done and ready to drive as well. So you're saying I should run dual in-tank pumps? The only reason I was thinking of in line pumps is to save from having to buy a dual hanger and I've heard of a lot of guys running their dual pump systems that way. My car is primarily going to be driven on the street and see mostly quarter mile time...I'd love to get it on a road course though next year as well.

With yours being a GE i would run a 7mgte CPS and use IS300 coils. Ditch the distributor. I might even have a 7mgte CPS you can have. If you go this route then Lmk and ill look for the cps.
    Originally that was my plan; I wanted to have as much room as possible for the turbo and intake pipe and the distributor gets in the way. I'd definitely be open to gong that route though since I haven't set anything in stone yet. Let me know if you find it.

definately dont be afraid to go way overkill on the fuel system.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss View Post
    definately dont be afraid to go way overkill on the fuel system.
    Yup...it's always better to have too much instead of too little....haha. I definitely am not trying to limit my setup due to fuel...I want it to be limited by the bottom end giving out...

Post whore
    I have a 89 Supra. Haha. Not a 240. I've seen guys run 1200 with 67mm on up. Was just saying that 1000 cc is big enough for that turbo with a little room to spare.

Post whore
    Oh yeah, you can run two Bosch 044's on the stock fuel sender. Just need to drill a hole then run a bulk head type AN fitting. I've also seen them ditch the factory fuel feed off the sender and have two bulk fittings so you dont hinder the flow of the one pump.

I have a 89 Supra. Haha. Not a 240. I've seen guys run 1200 with 67mm on up. Was just saying that 1000 cc is big enough for that turbo with a little room to spare.
    AH nice...I always loved the MK3 too. I'm thinking I will go 1200, but I haven't ordered any yet.

Oh yeah, you can run two Bosch 044's on the stock fuel sender. Just need to drill a hole then run a bulk head type AN fitting. I've also seen them ditch the factory fuel feed off the sender and have two bulk fittings so you dont hinder the flow of the one pump.
    Really? I haven't noticed anyone running dual pumps like that. Got any links to how people have that setup? Sounds like a great alternative to buying an expensive custom hanger; Wherever I can save a few bucks I'd love to do that as long as it doesn't sacrifice function or reliability.

Post whore
    Don't know if your on Supraforums or not but search there.