Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I hear Yovani is rested and ready to go for tonight's game.... Oh wait.

And fucking WERD when it comes to the braun/fielder thing. What exactly do we want to keep him here for? To whiff and stare at strikes when it really counts? Shit, mcgee is better at that and prolly cheaper.

We should add Terry Francona to the payroll for 2012.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    I hear Yovani is rested and ready to go for tonight's game.... Oh wait.

And fucking WERD when it comes to the braun/fielder thing. What exactly do we want to keep him here for? To whiff and stare at strikes when it really counts? Shit, mcgee is better at that and prolly cheaper.
    Maybe it's the 38 HR, 120 RBI, and .415 on base % (all best on team).
    Yeah, why would we want to keep a terrible hitter like that
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

Because he chokes when it's all on the line? The biggest stage of their year and he produce jack shit. 1 for 14 in the last 4 games? Yeah, he's championship material....

So you base his entire year of production off of 14 at bats? Say what you want, he is still one of the best hitters in the game. Stats don't lie. Yes he underperformed in ONE series. Get over it.
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    As much as he failed in the NLCS, the Brewers probably wouldn't have even been in that position to begin with without him.

Considering that as of right now Braun will have either Hart or Weeks to "protect" him for next year, Brewers fans should be concerned. Braun will have to carry the team by himself, no Fielder to help.

Also, I can only hope that Greinke and Morgan will be gone next year. Greinke only had a good record because he got a lot of run support. He's average at best and always on the verge of getting worse. Marcum and Wolf both had better years IMO. Morgan, anything hit that he has to go back for is basically a guaranteed double. I don't care if he hits .300 if he cant catch a ball.
    Gallardo was decent this year, but I expected better. Ther Brewers didn't have a pitcher in the top 35 for ERA for the year in all of baseball, and Gallardo was #20 in the NL.
    Gamel has been a big disappointment the last 2 years, so i don't know if they keep McGhee or not. SS is another issue as well, Yuni was pretty streaky, and his D at the end of the year was horrid.

IMO, next year is going to be rough after a year like this. If the Brewers can make a run for a good 3rd baseman and Kershaw, I'll change my mind.

I don't know if marcum is done for the year, or just done. Either way I don't see him remaining a starter through another season. Starting pitching just peaked too early. If the would have kept their September momentum, they'd have a world series shot without a doubt.

McGhee needs to go. Too unreliable. Start fresh for positions 5 and 6.

As for fielder, no, he didn't come through in the clutch, but do you honestly expect him to save you from something like that game 6 catestrophy? If he was able to, yes, it would be remarkable, but not doing so shouldn't be labeled a 'fault'. Seeing as i see next to no chance he stays here, I can say personally, he will be missed as a brewer.
    Last edited by Wagonbacker9; 10-17-2011 at 09:48 PM.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

Jose Reyes. Mark WILL make a run for him. As fr Prince, don't let the door hit you in the ass. You have no feelings for the brewers fans, I say f-you too. Ok "man."
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    From what I've heard it's his wife who's really pushing for him to leave. Apparently she hates Milwaukee and wants to live somewhere warm and sunny year round and Prince will not play for a team away from his kids.

Kemp didn't need any protection to put up a monster season, that aspect is overrated to some degree. A good hitter is going to hit.

Fielder will be missed but finding a 1B who can hit ok isn't that hard. It's not like it will be a .250 hitter with 5 home runs and play any worse defensively. Figure out 3B, dump Betancourt and re-tool the bullpen, they'll be contenders next year barring blowing up the roster or key injuries. The A's won as many games the year after losing Giambi after 01' and Giambi was at least as important as Fielder is. If Fielder is that pussy whipped that his wife controls where he plays, ditch the bitch. I'd like to see him stay but not at 20+ million a year for 6-7 years. Keep the pitching intact and get a real SS.

Fielder played well in "clutch" situations during the year for the most part. One series doesn't make or break a player. Betancourt isn't a stud and Fielder isn't a dud because of 6 games. Most of the team played poorly this series and some of it started during the D-Backs series (bad starting pitching besides Yo, then later Wolf, etc). They didn't attack the Cardinals hitters and played tight, it felt like especially at the end. Hopefully the Rangers can sweep the Cards.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

I think that we needed to sweep the D-Backs so we could rest the pitchers. We were talking about it work and one of our engineers spelled out the entire Cardinal series to the letter. Win the first and struggle till the end. At least this season they brought back some baseball to Milwaukee. So it wasnt a total loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    From what I've heard it's his wife who's really pushing for him to leave. Apparently she hates Milwaukee and wants to live somewhere warm and sunny year round and Prince will not play for a team away from his kids.
    Yep, Prince is form Melbourne,FL and currently lives in Orlando. His wife HATES Milwaukee and wants out. However, Chicago, D.C. and Baltimore are nowhere near Orlando.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

And Miami will be try to make a big splash this off season by signing a big name or two, so they say.

Any source on his wife wanting out so bad? I'm not surprised and I've heard similar, but when its through about 3-4 people later it might get skewed a bit.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares