Need fridge help with fridge not cooling

My GE fridge isnt cooling worth a shit and I dont know whats up with it. It just recently started acting up a few days ago, found the spoiled milk and noticed it was quite warm. I turned the temp to all the way cold a few hours ago and it still feels warm inside. What are some things I should look for?

1st off pull is away from the wall and vacuum out the bottom area, unplug it. Then once its all cleaned plug it in and see what Turn's on ?

Fan and compressor should both turn on, if not one of them is faulty or the starting relay or circuit is shot....

Tech to come to your home will be $75-$100 and repairs an easy 200-600 get a new one.....
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches

Is it newee or older. Newer high efficiency ones will get warm if lwft open a crack even and will take a day or two to get cool again.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Senior Member..now yer posting! Asteroids Champion Karts Champion penji04's Avatar

Same thing happened to me this month, make sure everythings clean and if that doesnt work buy a new one.
    2007 Cobalt SS Stage II
    2007 Toyota 4runner

Buy a new one? Lol great advise!

Google the model number and search for common issues, parts are cheap and repairs are easy to do yourself with basic tools. My fridge had a similar issue, the starting relay was fried and the replacement was 26 bucks shipped. Took less then 10 minutes to fix once I got the part
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks guys, I did pull it away, vacuum it all out (yuck) and clean it up, I will see what happens...

LOL. buy a new one.

I get my appliance parts from this site and they have a section that can help you trouble shoot. http://www.partselect.com/Instant-Repairman.htm

BUY A NEW ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

You asked for opinions right ?

The way I look at it is people are penny foolish, they'd rather nickel and dime there fridge that is full of an easy $300-$500 worth of food then get pissed when its all spoiled....
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches

I forget we have soo many rich people on here, rich and/or lazy.
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by awsomeears View Post
    BUY A NEW ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

You asked for opinions right ?

The way I look at it is people are penny foolish, they'd rather nickel and dime there fridge that is full of an easy $300-$500 worth of food then get pissed when its all spoiled....
    Agreed especially on the GE. Mine took a shit 3 times and paid three times to fix it, 5 years old GE Profile Stainless 26 cu ft. Could have bought a new one for price to fix it three times. My GE appliances were all shit including dishwasher, and 2 dryers.

Food got spoiled too so I lost that money as well and my ice melted and was flooding the floors too.

I did manage to drink the beer fast enough though.

Got an Electrolux ICON series no problems.

2005 Roush Sport, 2009 F-150 PLATINUM SCREW
    You can get your Ford in any color you want, as long as it's black.