Thread: tuning question

tuning question

how much can you tune out of a stock 5.3 in a 02 silverado w air intake tube and exhaust. bougnht a travel trailer and lookin to see if i can get some more power out of this thing so it aint workin itself to death. intake isnt installed yet
    New Year,New Logo,New Motor,and a new norfside hit list from the SSM and the new DIRTY SOUTH CREW for 07

The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

I'm not speaking on behalf of LMT, but its hard to know exactly how much you can "tune out" of an engine. Is the exhaust cat back, axle back, just a muffler?

Stock 5.3 + intake, exhaust, good tune...IMO maybe around 265ish at the rear.
    Stock hp was @ 285 at the motor, figure drivetrain loss and your mods i think thats where you'd end up...my estimate may be a bit high.
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

when I had my 03 tuned it woke quite a bit. I did the same basic mods air intake and exhaust then I swapped out the clutch fan and installed an electric piece then a corvette servo for the trans.

Thanks for the call, Hopefully in spring we can set something up

1999 C5 TT street car - 901/881 on pump gas, 10.82@137mph
    2013 Denali Duramax

thamks for the time and info over the phone jeff
    New Year,New Logo,New Motor,and a new norfside hit list from the SSM and the new DIRTY SOUTH CREW for 07