Choosing a sbc tunnel ram ...

Simple google search and there are a ton of old school and new school tunnel ram set-ups, when choosing a tunnel ram what should I look for ?

In the next 2 weeks I will be opening up the top half of my small block 400 to see what kind of ports I'm working with
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches

Quote Originally Posted by awsomeears View Post
    Simple google search and there are a ton of old school and new school tunnel ram set-ups, when choosing a tunnel ram what should I look for ?

In the next 2 weeks I will be opening up the top half of my small block 400 to see what kind of ports I'm working with
    One that lets you use fuel Injection and a turbo
    "My cars got miles.... Garage queens, that's your style"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwII0k2bSpM

Ten years ago if you had 500HP you were the man. Now days that means you bought a new car

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Buick View Post
    lol...

Brad, are you looking to keep multiple carbs? Rather simplify and go to one carb? Don't you have a tunnel ram already? Why change for another?
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Buick View Post
    Let me open up the wallet and check....

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    lol...

Brad, are you looking to keep multiple carbs? Rather simplify and go to one carb? Don't you have a tunnel ram already? Why change for another?
    Right now Chris its a Enderle setup, similar to the Hilborn setup with stacks...

I'd prefer to stick with a tunnel ram that has two carbs, looks more Era correct and I can actually idle vs what I'm running now. I bought this car knowing I'd change it over
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

- More naked bitches

Have you taken Wheels of Steel's buddies offer to tune the mechanical injection? Once you get to know more on how it works and your able to work on it yourself you might be happier with it.
    Depending on the cam you have you might not be able to get a lower idle even with a carb setup.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDude View Post
    Have you taken Wheels of Steel's buddies offer to tune the mechanical injection? Once you get to know more on how it works and your able to work on it yourself you might be happier with it.
    Depending on the cam you have you might not be able to get a lower idle even with a carb setup.
    I guess I should be more specific on the idle, last night when it was cool out she didn't come down to even 3k. The fuel system does need to pressurize until the idle starts to come down, few of my buddys T-buckets rock a simple tunnel ram with two 450's and run mint.

Plus with all of the driving that I'd love to do running these stacks open with no filtration bother me, don't want my cyl. walls to turn into the grand canyon....

I do have allot to think about...
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

- More naked bitches

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When I think of high rises, I think of wieand intakes:
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WND-1984/?rtype=10

I'd trend toward smaller carbs depending on what you find when you take off the top end. 2 600 cfm carbs most likely.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    When I think of high rises, I think of wieand intakes:
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WND-1984/?rtype=10

I'd trend toward smaller carbs depending on what you find when you take off the top end. 2 600 cfm carbs most likely.
    Buddy has I think the same one on his T-bucket, the motor is not wild just a decent set of heads and cam. Idles and runs perfect !!!

Not to mention ebay is littered with these !!!
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

- More naked bitches