Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

CCW Holsters, did you get yours yet?

I bought a Safariland Model 18 IWB for my M&P Pro Series, bought it at Fletcher's. Its kydex covered in what seems like suede. The holster is adjustable for cant.

And for my S&W 4003 I just ordered a hybrid holster from Tommy Theis http://theisholsters.com/index.php . Have heard nothing but good things about him and his holsters on sites like Glocktalk and Defensivecarry.com . Basically a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe type holster for less money and quick turnaround.

I may pick up a M&P9c in the not to distant future so the Safariland should work for that too and just be a little long.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

I bought the Tommy Theis one for my glock 19 and I used it quite a bit in MN this last week while I was there. It is a nice holster for the money that for sure. Nice and comfortable even when sitting in the car.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    i have a hard plastic with finger release lock for the judge

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    i have a cross breed holster for my xd.. so awesome

Im planning on ordering a Theis Holster next week.
    1997 Explorer 5.0 AWD - Broke

Tommy Theis is even quicker than I thought, just got an email saying it will ship in the morning. Not bad,order Friday night, ship tues morning
    Jamie

And I am pretty sure it wasn't sitting on the shelf, not much call for a S&W 4003 I imagine.
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
    Tommy Theis is even quicker than I thought, just got an email saying it will ship in the morning. Not bad,order Friday night, ship tues morning
    I ended up ordring mine saturday night shipped today also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudd Runner View Post
    I ended up ordring mine saturday night shipped today also.

for the M&P
    92 Bimini Blue Coupe ZZZZzzzzZZZ
    2003 DSG Cobra

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude
    Function:Error
    IF IT DOESN'T HAVE TITS, A TRIGGER, OR THROTTLE I'M NOT INTERESTED

Got my Theis today. Wow my fullsize gun doesn't even feel like its there, and that's with a wornout walmart belt. Should be even better with a good belt. Very Happy

ETA the rivets are silver not brass like they look in the pic.

Last edited by Rocket Power; 09-02-2011 at 01:30 PM.
    Jamie

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I didn't get one yet.

Being completely honest I have an untactical "muffin top" that is going to get in the way of pretty much any side or front holster... I'm thinking pocket carry or else in the back. Advice?

I'm, not planning on concealing. I'll carry my Glock 19C in a Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster on my side. I'll get a conceal permit, but my intention is to use it to keep me out of trouble near GFSZ'z and when wearing a winter jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRX7Project View Post
    I didn't get one yet.

Being completely honest I have an untactical "muffin top" that is going to get in the way of pretty much any side or front holster... I'm thinking pocket carry or else in the back. Advice?
    Built in concealment device!!! LOL, you're not the only one with that issue.

Vintage Racer
    Haven't looked into a CCW holster, thought about it, but definitely on board with Devin, open carry is way more comfortable, I would get the conceal permit in similar instances, winter coat, long t-shirt, for in vehicle purposes, but am definitely considering finding a good CCW holster if it feels/looks right
    Beater: 96 Dodge 1500 5.9 4x4 trans fixed!!
    Toys: 70 Saab 99 GT3/GTU, 54 Chevy Bel Air Sedan

I love my Theis holster. It distributes the weight of the gun very well and is very comfortable to me, and that's with a full size metal frame gun. A compact would be even better.

Not a fan of OC, I like the fact we can so there isn't any problem with printing and such once the CCW law takes effect, but I also don't want to be lumped in with the "activist" attention whores that just try to stir up trouble everywhere they go.

Besides I figure it gives the element of surprise up.

If it works for you, that's fine, but its not for me.
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
    I love my Theis holster. It distributes the weight of the gun very well and is very comfortable to me, and that's with a full size metal frame gun. A compact would be even better.

Not a fan of OC, I like the fact we can so there isn't any problem with printing and such once the CCW law takes effect, but I also don't want to be lumped in with the "activist" attention whores that just try to stir up trouble everywhere they go.

Besides I figure it gives the element of surprise up.

If it works for you, that's fine, but its not for me.
    In the summer I'm pretty much in T shirt and shorts when not working. I've tried concealing and it's very difficult if not impossible, so I decided to stick with OC. I don't want have to buy a complete new wardrobe just so I can conceal. It's more comfortable for me. Believe it or not, I could do without the attention, I feel very self conscience wondering if people are looking and pointing. I'm hoping that now that conceal carry is legal and OC has been made easier, that people will not be so drawn to those of us who do decide to arm ourselves.

I think OC would act as more of a deterrent negating any need for the element of surprise. Most self defense situations happen at very close range and face to face. I don't think there woud be much time or opportunity to get the drop on the bad guy. I'd rather have easy access than have to untuck a shirt or pull up a pant leg, or dig through a backpack or purse.

I carried mine (glock 19) with my theis holster in shorts and T shirt and you couldn't see it at all. I am fat and have a muffin top too and didn't have an issue with it being right under the love handle. Only problem I would say I had was getting in an out of the car. sometimes the handle would hit the seat if I didn't turn right. But once in and sitting it was very comfortable. I wore it around a friends place for a few hours then asked if they at all saw that I was wearing it and they said they didn't. I asked if they could tell where it was with me turning around and they couldn't until I bent over some and the handle poked out. Worked great just make sure you have a good belt.

I just got the minotaur mtac based on all the great reviews I read on various boards.

i may have to order a theis for my pk380 those look really nice for the price they have pictures of peopl wearing it on there site. theres a few people of the same build as me lol looks like a good fit
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner