Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Jerome View Post
    Im gonna work on the Starlet and keep the wagon stock for now....well less gutting the up pipe, front mount from my pile...MBC set constant reasonable level...2000+ H6 rear brakes.....stock for now
    YES!! Thats how i was with mine, untill i started digging into it.. i love these cars...
    I have some Diff and Shifter Bushings and a short shifter i need to put in still..
    Im looking at eventually swapping the VF52 out of the 09WRX, adding a FMIC kit and a Grimm Speed Up Pipe and EBCS... should make it more fun
    Last edited by Rifleman WI; 09-25-2011 at 07:44 AM.
    2011 Legacy
    Grocery Getter

After some more reading Im gonna buy a cheap e-bay up pipe so ID stays fluid, $46 shipped to save turbo from blowing up. These cars are like little go-karts in rain, blast to drive stupid.
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

i cant wait to take mine out in the snow. yea didnt they put a EGT Probe in the up pipes in those years that liked to break off and the turbo ate it?
    2011 Legacy
    Grocery Getter

ya i put the up pipe on this weekend and got theboost controller in and set to 13.5.... definatly woke it up! heres a few random pics from the last few weeks.... hopefully in a few weeks ill get the turbo back exhaust on and maybe a access port!

Last edited by sloLs1; 09-25-2011 at 07:33 PM.
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD
    '63 chevy ll < new project
    Some girls do want an 8 second ride

Yea they did, gonna move mine to #3 exhaust outlet as I read it is leanest (hottest).
    I run one at the cylinder outlet of all four on my last project, those EGTs are "suppose" to go on Starlet.

I've loved the Bugeyes since they first imported them, turbo was the frosting on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by sloLs1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by sloLs1 View Post
    ill get some pics up soon... i ended up getting a up pipe for it aswell. It has tien lowering springs(id rather have it stock) and some shitty axle back muffler on it right now. I dont know when ill have time to put the exhaust on and im not sure if it will throw a CEL for not having cats. So i will wait till i get a tuner to put that on. I almost forgot, i have a greedy profect b boost controller ill throw on it even though im not really uping the boost.
    Should be fine.

As I said i was running 3" straight pipe from the turbo back and passed emissions with it even.
    92 Bimini Blue Coupe ZZZZzzzzZZZ
    2003 DSG Cobra

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude
    Function:Error
    IF IT DOESN'T HAVE TITS, A TRIGGER, OR THROTTLE I'M NOT INTERESTED

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Jerome View Post
    I've loved the Bugeyes since they first imported them, turbo was the frosting on the cake.
    i dont really care for the bug eye... id rather have the 04-05 front end!

and slo5oh.... it didnt throw a check engine light?!? and what was your car boosting with the downpipe and such?!
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD

never mind i see you had a sti not a wrx lol
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD

The T3/T4eclipse broke 2much:P BigSnailBuick's Avatar
    Since this has turned into a bug eye pic thread I cant resist A few shots from when I got the car and a newer one... Car is such an odd color...black in the shade and blue in the sunlight! Kinda grows on ya after a while

"Plus my rats come in packs like Sammy and Dean Martin, and I got soo many keys you'd think I was Valet parking"
    1987 Buick Regal Turbo T Limited- DBB 6766, ProEFI, E-85.
    2000 Audi S4- Nogaro Blue w/ matching interior! Chipped and a maintenance nightmare.

BCM Cruiser
    You really need to get that car tuned if you are running mods on it. Not sure if you are aware but the engines are very fragile.

oh yea.. i had to wait for COBB to come out with an AEM tune before i put my intake on... my shits too expensive for it to go BOOM right away...

Quote Originally Posted by Haulin' Oates View Post
    You really need to get that car tuned if you are running mods on it. Not sure if you are aware but the engines are very fragile.
    2011 Legacy
    Grocery Getter

BCM Cruiser
    I was putting that out there for the OP also. I know it's common knowledge but would have felt bad if I didn't say anything and it blew up.

word. i saw a 08'STI that friend of mine sold, the dealership wouldn't take the tuner for it, even for free, just so the new owner didnt blow the car up on a stock tune. ( was stage 2 ) a week later the car was back at the dealership with a blown motor.. it only had like 25K on it..
    i ran mine with an open catless down pipe for a month, the sound was amazing and the power was awesome ( boost spike to 21PSI ) my catback has tames it for now.. cobbs generic tune at 16 PSI isnt much fun, now to find a tune for the GrimmSpeed EBCS and we'll be good

I was putting that out there for the OP also. I know it's common knowledge but would have felt bad if I didn't say anything and it blew up.
    2011 Legacy
    Grocery Getter

BCM Cruiser
    Why aren't you using open source tuning software? I had that setup on my wagon and it worked wonderfully. Just curious. I am not a fan of "canned tunes" even though they work fine.

Why aren't you using open source tuning software? I had that setup on my wagon and it worked wonderfully. Just curious. I am not a fan of "canned tunes" even though they work fine.
    Im listening, not a fan of buying from aftermarket and have the ability to program above base maps.
    We use to solder in our own chips in 80's turbo charged Dodge modules, cant scare me!

i got my cobb tuner for $200, and i liked the ease of use. i have been looking into open source also, there are alot more tunes available.

2011 Legacy
    Grocery Getter

BCM Cruiser
    The cobb tuner is fine, but its retardedly expensive new. For a couple hundo I would say you did great.

Russ

http://www.tactrix.com/

Check out the forums there. There is software you need to download (free) for the editing of the maps and actually flashing the ECU. It's fairly inexpensive at 170 bucks too.

yea it is, i could never justify the new price. i have been looking into going to OS for a little bit now, my buddy has the Tactrix 2.0 that he is offering to sell me. I spoke with one Subi specific tuner, Torqued Performance and he can do either Cobb or OS maps, ide have him just make a Cobb mapp so i can keep my AP, but the problem im having with my car/tuner is everytime i go WOT to Datalog, the AP freezes up. Cobb allready rebuilt it once, there blaming my car for being to " Electronic noisy " causing a voltage surge and freezing up the tuner. once i get home, im going to try messing with it and having them take a look at it one more time, if it keeps acting up, im probably going to get rid of it and see how my car responds to the Tactrix 2.0. The tuner cant tweek the tune for me if i cant datalog, so if thats the case, ill be going OS for sure. i have allready downloaded ECU Flash and RomRaider, with those i can flash his base map, do a few pulls, datalog and have him tweek it for me. then sell the Cobb AP and get some gages for A/F and Boost so i can be a cool guy!!

The cobb tuner is fine, but its retardedly expensive new. For a couple hundo I would say you did great.

Russ

http://www.tactrix.com/

Check out the forums there. There is software you need to download (free) for the editing of the maps and actually flashing the ECU. It's fairly inexpensive at 170 bucks too.
    2011 Legacy
    Grocery Getter

EDIT- Stupid Haji Internet Doublepost..
    2011 Legacy
    Grocery Getter