Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for a local shop to do an sr swap

New to milwaukee and don't know any import shops in the area. I'm looking for a reputable shop to do an sr swap for me. It's going to be put in a s13 if that helps. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!! I don't mind traveling a few hours for a good shop.

I am sure West Bend Dyno or Late Model Throttle (site sponsors) can help you out with it. Plus this forum has a few members who have done the SR as well as 2jz swaps before.
    Last edited by Waver; 08-17-2011 at 12:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

I guess it doesn't have to be a shop to do it. Im just a little leary about letting just anyone do it. I've been screwed by 2 mechanics up here for thousands of dollars, only to have to redo all the work myself.... If any one would like to tackle the job and can show me that they've done it before and is trust worthy I'd be ok with that. Thanks!!

pmd
    Personal Best - 10.4 @ 140mph(110oct)2010
    10.9 @ 130mph (92oct) 2010
    10.004@154mph 2012. & still need driving lessons
    BEEyond ENG>>
    Special thanks to Bee/Beeyond Engineering. Waldo, Henry, and the crew!

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beestwineg View Post
    pmd
    search around before following this pm!!!!!

Also I'm pretty sure where he's recommending is NOT a sponsor.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

I'm guessing some people haven't watch the news lately.....
    anyhow, bee have been running his business legit since 2000 and made records almost every year for Honda/Import scene in WI and other States. 160+mph trap speed from a 4cylinder... I'm sure you can give some kind of good reputation and some little respect from a v8 guy that probably heard and read nothing but rumors.
    I know we are not a sponsor thats why I pmd him.
    Last edited by BeesTwinEG; 08-18-2011 at 12:54 AM.
    BEEyond ENG>>

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    All I said was search around. Sheesh if the guy comes there and likes the place by all means he can spend money where ever the hell he wants.

Also there's been plenty of speed shops that have had "fast" cars. That doesn't mean they did quality work (not saying said business does not do "quality" work).
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

I understand.
    95% of shops been around 5+ years with records and fast/quick customer cars i'm sure they qualify as quality work. I'm sure beeyond have been qualified as quality work. you can even stop by the shop and I'll personally tour you the whole shop.
    but yes customer have his/her choice.
    good day staff sarg... at least thats what your avatar says

-simon
    BEEyond ENG>>

Being an SR20det owner for almost 8 years.....SR swaps are VERY easy if you have some time and mechanical skill.

You can buy Harnesses online, which is one of the most difficult parts.

There is not one SHOP in town I would have work on my car.

Boost went where again? Silver86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post

+1
    - 86' rx7 - 06' mustang GT - 04' xterra SE -

If you have any ?'s bout 240's and engine swaps I would reccomend PMing/talking to either nismodave (has a SWEET looking sr swaped 240) or Flicktitty (his gf/him/I and a few other friends put a 2jz in her 240 and then took it out and put it in another one)
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

that is why your turbo, wg and manifold just cracked and broke off the vehicle but its okay... customer's choice.
    anyway good luck to the op
    BEEyond ENG>>

wasn't there pics of a kuztom exhaust shetup from said shop on here somewhere?

I recommend NismoDave...stand up guy... if he has time to help you out obviously

edit: beware the speed holes

Being an SR20det owner for almost 8 years.....SR swaps are VERY easy if you have some time and mechanical skill.

You can buy Harnesses online, which is one of the most difficult parts.

I Agree 100%

SR Swap's should be pretty straight forward as it is a "factory" motor in that car in Japan. As Dave said wiring is the biggest issue with these cars, and Wiring specialties makes a harness for the car. http://www.wiringspecialties.com/s13srins13241.html

I would invest in this video $25 http://www.drifting.com/article.php?...st&show_Title=
    Watch the video a few times see what you think of the swap and see if it is doable or not for you. If you need a hand i may be able to help sometime.

Post whore Lawn Pac Champion Irish's Avatar
    Beyond's weld have more stick coming out of the weld than they actually have going into them. I saw a picture of this floating around the Internet not too long ago.

I would definitely attempt it myself before I would trust it to a shop that has a questionable history.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    This thread makes me laugh...

I echo the other comments about SR + 240. They are actually pretty easy with most if not all swap parts available off-the-shelf.

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by BeesTwinEG View Post
    I'm guessing some people haven't watch the news lately.....
    anyhow, bee have been running his business legit since 2000 and made records almost every year for Honda/Import scene in WI and other States. 160+mph trap speed from a 4cylinder... I'm sure you can give some kind of good reputation and some little respect from a v8 guy that probably heard and read nothing but rumors.
    I know we are not a sponsor thats why I pmd him.

what part of not a sponsor is hard to understand. go pimp your business some place else.

I've really missed the hateness but hey who would not hate on a shop thats been open for 10 years but its okay, carry on.
    hey i think i remember picture, i believe there are always two sides of the story;not even gonna waste the time to argue with you people.
    have a good one,
    oh by the way, come to the import wars in sept and just hide in the benches and look at our cars fly.
    didnt mean to offend in any way.
    BEEyond ENG>>

Quote Originally Posted by BeesTwinEG View Post
    that is why your turbo, wg and manifold just cracked and broke off the vehicle but its okay... customer's choice.
    anyway good luck to the op
    What the FUCK are you talking about?????

My bolts loosened up after hard pounding on it at Road America last year.......And that was to be be expected. My shit just doesnt go fast for 1 or 2 passes.

You have no clue about ANYTHING about my car.

BCM Rseident Grill Master Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay's Avatar
    I've been around Bee's shop back when it was on the southside and i personally know people who have been ripped off by that shop. The only legit tech they had was Dow and he was smart and left. Word travels quite fast about who and who not to recommend and trust.