Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pk380

pk380

So i'm picking up my pk380 hopefully sunday afternoon. Thanks to reaper tactical. now i found a picture of the way i want the gun to look. But i can't seem to find the tactical light that would work. the picture i've found has a light that seems to be discontinued. Not shure if there is anouther sub compact light that would fit on the pk380 or if i'll just have to keep looking. Either way i haven't even picked up the gun yet and i'm already excited! i'de like to throw up a picture of the tac light that i'm looking for if any one happens across one let me know.
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

carry gun?
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    pk380 would be a great carry pistol. Its just the right size.

once i get the time i'de like to take the class would definatly like to carry it but for now its just something i wanted to shoot. From the reviews they are pretty accurate. so once i get a chance to shoot it i'de like to see what kind of groups i can get with my first hand gun.

Quote Originally Posted by That_Guy View Post
    pk380 would be a great carry pistol. Its just the right size.
    and since now i've accually held it in my hand its very confortable as well. thats what i was looking for something small but not too small. a misquito was too small for me my hands are way to big.

How much did it set you back? Is it a new or used one?

i had a rifle i wasn't using any more so he gave me some for that but fivonut has one more in his markdown thread. Its brand new in the box.
    http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/...rearm-Markdown.

Quote Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
    So i'm picking up my pk380 hopefully sunday afternoon. Thanks to reaper tactical. now i found a picture of the way i want the gun to look. But i can't seem to find the tactical light that would work. the picture i've found has a light that seems to be discontinued. Not shure if there is anouther sub compact light that would fit on the pk380 or if i'll just have to keep looking. Either way i haven't even picked up the gun yet and i'm already excited! i'de like to throw up a picture of the tac light that i'm looking for if any one happens across one let me know.
    No offence, but unless you're Law Enforcement etc. what's the point of wasting $$ on the light?? They serve no real purpose as a home defence or CC weapon.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

because you have free hand in the dark when trying to use the phone to call police if someone is in your house instead of holding a flashlight.

it would't really give me anything but looks i like the way the light looks on the gun thew gun looks slick on its own but it has an accessory rail and why not use it i'm not into lasers so why not a light?

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Envy View Post
    because you have free hand in the dark when trying to use the phone to call police if someone is in your house instead of holding a flashlight.
    and this

87bucks for the light you are looking for. they have a LED version out as well.

http://www.calssportingarmory.com/Gu...%20Tech%20Gear

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    if you are holding the flashlight, your home intruder knows EXACTLY where you are, gun or not. same thing with the lasers. Funny thing is that was one of the things mentioned in the carry class, haha. Althought of course I will admit the lights/lasers are tactiCOOL and I had one of my XD9, haha.

Nice pick up!

Was that light a Walther product?

How is the ammo $ compared to the typical 9/40/45 variety? Finding it available?

This was a link in a post from 2011? Looks like the one in the image?

http://www.insighttechgear.com/products-x2l.htm

Well if you shoot a guy in the dark and he is eating your cookies have fun in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by flyin_blue_egg View Post
    No offence, but unless you're Law Enforcement etc. what's the point of wasting $$ on the light?? They serve no real purpose as a home defence or CC weapon.
    I'm not really seeing the logic. For the nightstand it would be perfect. But hey I'm bias because i have a viridian green lazer on my nightstand pistol. hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    if you are holding the flashlight, your home intruder knows EXACTLY where you are, gun or not. same thing with the lasers. Funny thing is that was one of the things mentioned in the carry class, haha. Althought of course I will admit the lights/lasers are tactiCOOL and I had one of my XD9, haha.

Nice pick up!

How is the ammo $ compared to the typical 9/40/45 variety? Finding it available?

I has your lazer.. lol.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar

Some 'tactical' teachers say otherwise.
    Sometimes having a light WITH a laser can be an advantage for in the home. If you can locate the person before turning the light on and the light is bright enough it will actually blind the person enough so they cant really see you, and if you have a laser to go along with it you can actually hold the gun off center from your body and still aim. That way even if they return fire from where the light is coming from they will shoot at air. I wouldn't go walking around my house with it on though. The best would be if we had 3 arms. One for the gun, one for the flashlight, one for the phone.

Some things to think about (taken from another forum):
    "A light just gives the bad guy something to shoot at." Oh shit, what are you going to do in the daytime when he can see you anyway? At least at night you have the potential advantage of blinding the bad guy(s) for a split second with your light. Not to mention the fact that using a proper search technique mitigates the "target" effect a light can have.

"A weaponlight makes you point your gun at everything." So what? In a SD or HD situation you play by the big boy rules. Your finger should be off the trigger, so you're not going to automatically kill everything you light up. Not to mention the fact that a decent weaponlight throws out enough illumination that you don't have to point your weapon directly at something to illuminate it.

"You'll use it as a flashlight." Sure, if you're a complete idiot maybe you'll pull out your weapon everytime you need a light for something. Some people in here seem to think that carrying a weaponlight means that you can't possibly carry a handheld light as well. (Many of us do just that.)

"I don't need a light, I know every inch of my house." Good for you. I'm glad you're so switched on that you can awaken from a deep sleep, adrenaline pumping, and navigate your house perfectly in complete darkness. I'm glad nothing ever gets left out for you to trip on. So what happens when you encounter the bad guy....

"I don't need a light to ID my targets, I live alone." Enjoy explaining that one to a jury after you shoot at a shape in your house. I'm sure they'll buy into your "anyone in my house must be trying to kill me" rationalization.

"Handheld lights are better." They are definitely useful, but guess what, they're more difficult to use than a weaponlight. Especially when you're using one hand to gather the kids, call 911, etc. Not saying handhelds don't have their place, but to discount the usefullness of a weaponlight shows willful ingorance.
    People seem to be laboring under many incorrect ideas in this thread, but I'll address a couple:

Folks, the idea that the use of a white light makes you a "target" is dramatically overblown in many of these discussions. There are guys out there who were infantry umpteen years ago and they learned that in night ops you don't really want to have unnecessary light or sound because it makes you a target.

What's true for an infantry platoon on patrol in a jungle somewhere is not true when you're considering doing room clearing as an individual or as a member of a team in an urban environment.

White light does give away your position and does draw attention...but the fact remains that before you pull the trigger on something you need to be able to clearly identify a threat. Unless you are part owl or are wearing NODs at the time, that means you need a white light.

Period. Used with sense you can minimize the white light's function as a bullet magnet just in case you're in one of those rare situations where you're facing a bad guy on the street who just opens up on a light. Everybody who is killing bad guys in Iraq and Afghanistan (and in Pakistan) is doing so with a light mounted to their rifle, and usually with a light mounted to their handgun. Clue.

Now as for the idea that the white light is an aiming point for bad guys...it's not. Really. Bad guys are not going to be shooting with pinpoint precision at a white light in 99.99% of circumstances. They are going to be shooting in the general direction of the light. This means that having it mounted to the weapon isn't really any more dangerous than having it in the FBI position. If the bad guy is inclined to shoot at you when you engage the light, he's likely going to pump a lot of rounds in the general area of where the light is.

Originally Posted By jda182:
    Does anyone think it is a significant advantage to have a light/laser combo on a weapon (like a TLR-2) for a HD/night stand gun over just a light? not necessarily for aiming purposes of the laser but for the possibility of it being a deterrent, the scare factor of the bad guy seeing the laser on his chest.

Weapon mounted lights are certainly very useful. Lasers are also extremely useful. Unfortunately combining the two into one unit does not typically result in a "Hey, you got chocolate in my peanut butter!" moments. Every combo unit I've tried sucks because the controls suck. You can set it to have the light only, or the laser only, or to do both...and generally this is a switch somewhere on the unit that has to be set and then the main on/off control for the unit does whatever that selector tells it. The problem with that is in a dynamic situation where you're dealing with different lighting conditions you may want just the laser or just the light or potentially both...but there's little chance you're going to be able to fiddle with that switch and get it right in the dark under stress. A separate activation for the light and the laser would cure some of that, but nobody makes such a control yet.

As for the TLR-2 specifically, the units I've tried have a serious problem with washout when the light and laser are used together. I have a hard time seeing the laser dot as it tends to get lost in the hotspot of the light. It's been a while since I used a TLR-2 so they may have improved the strength of the laser, but I bought one and tried it out for a couple of days and then sent it right back for a refund because I found it to be utterly useless. I was stuck relying on the sights because I couldn't reliably see the laser when the light was engaged along with the laser.

Combo units are a good idea in theory, but until they can work out the controls I have no use for them. I greatly prefer something like a CT laser on a handgun with an X300 mounted.

I'm in the process of buying a light for my nightstand gun, i have night sites and a stand alone sure fire, but want to have a light on the gun so i can quickly grab one thing and have both gun and light, just curious if ppl think it is worth it to spend more money to get say the TLR-2 over the TLR-1

Nice pick up!

I just picked up the ammo at cabelas 200 rounds for about 50? I don't have that light on my gun I'm looking for one for it. Mine is just plain jane. insight does make that light. I've just done a quick search at work and every one was or of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLightning View Post
    87bucks for the light you are looking for. they have a LED version out as well.

http://www.calssportingarmory.com/Gu...%20Tech%20Gear
    holy crap they have 44 in stock i had some plans of my own to make this a led light.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    Some 'tactical' teachers say otherwise.
    Sometimes having a light WITH a laser can be an advantage for in the home. If you can locate the person before turning the light on and the light is bright enough it will actually blind the person enough so they cant really see you, and if you have a laser to go along with it you can actually hold the gun off center from your body and still aim. That way even if they return fire from where the light is coming from they will shoot at air. I wouldn't go walking around my house with it on though. The best would be if we had 3 arms. One for the gun, one for the flashlight, one for the phone.
    ^^^^
    See, that I'll agree with.

However, as for the cookies comment, well that's another thing if you would take the class you would learn. You cannot go SEARCHING for someone. Well, you can, but you better to be able to explain how while going looking for trouble there was no way out. That was why it was recommended that you stay IN your room and then that is the last defense, no place else to go situation. So while the comment might have been sarcasm, you are right in the fact you'd be in some trouble because you went looking for it. Not just cause he was eating cookies. Its like the guy who chased the kids out of his salvage yard that were stealing, or a homeowner chasing an intruder out the backdoor and firing and hitting them. You're in deep trouble. Point proven by the salvage yard situation and that guy going to jail (although specific details escape me so I may be only half right)
    Last edited by Crawlin; 08-14-2011 at 01:06 PM.