A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just picked up a new shotgun...

...and would like to take the somewhere to learn to shoot. Where is a good place to go?

btw, it's a little Ithaca 20 gauge...
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

45n, exit Jackson and head East 2 miles, north on G, public hunting area both sides of road. $14 small game licence covers numerous non protected speciea, dont have to kill anything but makes shooting legal. I'd like to get my 22 out anyway, we will have you dropping blackbirds in minutes
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

I took mine to the Cudahy Sportsman's Club and told them I've never shot clays before. There were a few guys more than willing to help.

Clays are fun as hell and GREAT practice against a moving target.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRX7Project View Post
    I took mine to the Cudahy Sportsman's Club and told them I've never shot clays before. There were a few guys more than willing to help.

Clays are fun as hell and GREAT practice against a moving target.
    I agree anywhere that has open trap or sporting clays you will be hooked
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmph...when I edited, I took out "I'd like to take the wife to learn to shoot..."

I like Russ's idea of going to public hunting lands and just letting her shoot. She's never shot anything or even held a gun...

I might have her shoot a pellet gun the first few shots and then let her at the Ithaca, lol.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Bring her up to Shiocton this sat. We'll break her in!!

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

Type 07/02 FFL - Manufacturer and Dealer of Firearms, including NFA Firearms
    sales@reapertactical.com
    Serial number requests available for RT15 receivers!!
    7% discount for BCM members (one discount applies per item)

"Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch."

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    I might have her shoot a pellet gun the first few shots and then let her at the Ithaca, lol.
    I've got a scoped 1200fps rifle on the deck, 50 points for tree rats on the back fence line, 25 points for near shots, blackbirds are double points given the target size. I"ve got enough pellets to keep her buisy all night

Blog Entries
    How much if she shoots the dude that pee's behind your house
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

He is jackpot, if she makes him buckel over I will cook a steak

Quote Originally Posted by xxtremeteam View Post
    I agree anywhere that has open trap or sporting clays you will be hooked
    I've been doing open trap for a while now, gotten pretty decent at it (I can hit about 80% until I get fatigued, which is about 30 rounds or so). One of these days I'll try sporting clays, that looks like REAL fun!