Hello All,

About two weeks ago, I was given a free 1997 Honda Civic EX.

The front suspension was in terrible condition. I put new struts and sway bar end links on it and that eliminated 90% of the noise. The car also felt like the front wheels were toe'd out and the steering wheel was right of center, so I adjusted the passenger-side tie rod untill it was not "oversensative" anymore.

There is one noise that I am not sure about. When I go over bumps, I hear thunk from the front suspension. I put the car in the air and shake the tires, but they are solid. Also, when I crank the wheel left and right while stopped, I am hearing a clunk when I change directions.

About the engine, it feels like it is out of tune. While accelerating, as I push the gas pedal down a little bit more while at 3k, but not enough to cause the car to downshift, the engine actually loses a little power.

The guy who gave it to me said that the t-belt was replaced 10k ago; the previous belt broke. I'm not sure about the details here, but I know that the car has not had an ideal service schedule.