The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

Anyone got a Sig Mosquito?

Since I missed out on that PT22 in my other thread, I went up to Cabellas and did a little looking around. I'd like a concealable .22, both for cheap shooting fun, and a "summer" clothing conceal gun. I know .22 isn't exactly a defense round, but its cheap lightweight and super easy to shoot.

I held the Sig mosquito and liked the feel. The counter man had some pretty positive reviews, owning one himself. Anyone here have one?

Anyone got one for sale ?
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

Quote Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
    Anyone got one for sale ?
    $315 to $375 depending on the options. Most are closer to $315

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    I shot a friends. Took a lot of wearing in and finding what it liked. CCI mini mag is really the only stuff it seems to cycle on properly.

Quote Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
    I know .22 isn't exactly a defense round, but its cheap lightweight and super easy to shoot.
    M-16/ AR15 bullet weighs 55 grain on average, 22LR 36-40 grain. I've got a 40rd clip of 22 LR in my S&W 15-22 that will stop a grown man pretty quick Honestly the lack of flintch you have shooting a 22 may be better accuracy than a 44 mag held in an outreached arm at 3am after coming out of bed.
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

I would think that considering this is real life and not the movies, getting shot with anything bigger than a pellet gun is still gonna suck balls, at least enough to make a potential threat turn and head the other way, but then again, I dont even own a gun so maybe I'm way off?

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    The mosquito is an awesome gun. My friend has over 3,000 rounds through his. It was a little finicky with the type of ammo used. CCI mini mag works great. I liked his gun so much, I went and picked one up for my girlfriend to practice with.
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    I would think that considering this is real life and not the movies, getting shot with anything bigger than a pellet gun is still gonna suck balls, at least enough to make a potential threat turn and head the other way, but then again, I dont even own a gun so maybe I'm way off?
    A sober person, and a of-right-mind person, yes. However there are lots of stories every year of guys on PCP or just flat out crazy, taking multiple rounds of (X), and still attacking. There was a recent news story about a guy taking 2x .45 slugs, POINT BLANK IN THE CHEST, and he lived through it. He was doped up and that's what saved his life (he never went into shock). If he was hell bent on destruction he would've continued attacking the guy until he bled out, more than likely.

So it really depends on the perp's state of mind. To truly stop someone for sure, you have to hit vital organs, hit their heart, their brain, the lungs.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    i bought the the g/f of the time one and she had a blast shooting it. smaller frame helped those with smaller hands. i ONLY ran the CCI .22LR ammo through it as i read of countless stories of it jamming up with anything else.

i got the reverse bi-tone one and it looked sweet

The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

Ya. I love my .45 but I call that a "full dress" gun. The mosquito seemed like a nice "shorts and tshirt" gun. I'm a big guy and it would disappear on my body. The ease of shooting with .22 was a plus.
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    plus the cost of .22 ammo is nice compared to say... my 40 s&w
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax