I have amassed a sufficient supply of non-shotgun ammunition. It's time to start hoarding some 12 gauge now that it's dropping in price.

I'm pretty new to shotguns and are pretty ignorant to them. I always thought they were stupid. I find it more entertaining running around the woods with something strapped on my leg. My cousin shoots skeet with a pretty sweet Benelli and it was fun and all but not that fun. So, it won't be to shoot clay. Until one day I decided to buy an 870 with two barrels for under $200 after rebate. And then took it outside and ran a couple boxes through chasing milk jugs around the yard. Was almost as much fun as a FMJ .303 British and a junk car.

What is the best all-around shotshell (bang for buck, with emphasis on reloading)? I noticed that a STS hull seems to go through my Lee press pretty nice. Target loads seem to have difficulty breaking a piece of printer paper at 100' and they're only barely cheaper than game loads. 1oz #6 seems to do a pretty decent job.

It's pretty easy to get Remington Game Loads for $5.50/box. 5 years ago it sold for $3.29 so that seems to be relatively reasonable. Is that the best bang for my buck? I'm talking about hoarding a lot, enough to keep the cannibals away in "The Road" for a pretty long time. It's mostly because ammunition seems to be outpacing inflation. I bought a lot of WWB 5 years ago and it's done better than any other investment I've ever made.