Thread: notchback GTA's

notchback GTA's

Anyone on here have one? Know the production numbers? I remember reading they are kinda rare, 88'-89' or something....

There is a white one on the east side in not so great shape I see alot....and I think I recall seeing a black one before too.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There is also one in port washington...red. Decent shape.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

theres a few companys that made "aftermarket" notchbacks, some more common and better quality than others.

I believe the 'factory' ones are kind of rare...i personally wouldnt pay anymroe for one just because it was a notchback.

As there are three in your area they cant be all that rare.

even the 'rare' third gens seems to be everywhere
    My HOOPTY
    Looking for 400 block 509 casting to start 400/th400 build up.

Ill find the production #'s for that one thing i can tell you True notch backs from the factory have headreasts on the back seat!!
    http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic372_2.gif

hehehehehehehe hheheheheheh hehehe

speaking of notchbacks.... I just bought one from some guy in kenosha...

I'll post pics soon...(not on my car yet.. its rattle can black..)
    1988 Trans Am, 305 TBI, 5spd, hooker catback, 3.73posi, LCAs, LCARBs, prokit, KYB GR2 + Gas-A-Just, PHB
    1999 GMC Sonoma, 4.3, 5spd ZQ8
    1994 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8N/A 187k

Congrats pepsi on your new toy what year??engine@options???

You ask and you shall get!!

That was from 88 in 89 they bumped the power up im lucky to get 245 horse With the duel cats .But hey who needs cats right i like dogs!!!

Cool stuff.

The white one pictured in the article is just like the one I see on the East side off of Oakland near the Shorewood border....I think the guy might work at a tatoo shop thats across from Ottos(if anyone who is familiar with the East side/UWM knows what I'm talking about). Only the one I see ain't in good shape, quite a few rust spots touched up with white paint .
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

I just bought the notch off of somebody... not the whole car.. There is a mystery behind it too. It was apparently made in 1983, way before the notches came from the factory. It looks a little different than the one that is pic. When I get time I will take pics so eveyone can see it.

Hey BADAZZGTA89,
    Where did you find that article??? I know in 89 they did a test on my car, but I haven't been able to find it on line. Just wondering if you have an old collection of Motor Trend mags sitting in a vault....

That was a pretty funny review. I can't beleive how the 305 compared to the 350 though. Is that saying something about the 305, or the 350? (Or both?)

Evil Jay, try looking on eBay, I was looking for the Motor Trend "Syclone vs Ferrari" cover story issue, and people wanted like $15 for it. Then I searched for that year Motor Trend and found someone selling the ENTIRE 1991 year for about $6 plus shipping!! I got the whole damn thing for half the price of the people pimping just the one issue.
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Quote Originally Posted by eviljay
    Hey BADAZZGTA89,
    Where did you find that article??? I know in 89 they did a test on my car, but I haven't been able to find it on line. Just wondering if you have an old collection of Motor Trend mags sitting in a vault....
    Well kinda i belong to the GTA Forum and the just happen to have that around!!Plus i am a GTA freak!And also a TTA freak Just 89 and newer