Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Ol' School

Went to GLD Tonight.

I got the itch today at work and thought it was about time to go have some fun on the bike. There was some support from dudes at work and Chris also so that made it easier to have a person to go to with even the silliest questions. I got 5 runs in all of which were a ton of fun and I even purchased some pics from boomer there that I will post up tomorrow. My first run was soft off the line cause I had never took a bike down the strip and with approx 2.2 60ft I rolled off a 12.4 at 114mph. All kinds of geeked back at the staging lane I was just stoked to have gotten through without any major issues and felt confident for the next run. Too confident!! Got to the line and I think was about 7K and dumped the clutch, WHOOA! That pic is coming cause the front end came up like 3ft.....rolled off, then right back on and it hopped again to a end result of 14.6. Next run came and launch went much better at 2.1 with room to go and missed a shift to get a 13.2. Took a break and watched a few people run and one of the final runs of the evening did get a 12.1 at 118mph with a few more 13's tossed in for good measure.

I'll go again for sure maybe sooner than later! Was a great time even though Im a super noob to it all

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

was nice meeting you,congrats on the first hits. dont be afraid to ride that clutch and hold lots of throttle doing it.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Ol' School
    ^Thats easier said than done HA HA HA

Was a blast tho! Will be back for more runs and practice soon

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

What is considered a good 60ft for a bike like that?

Congrats!

Ol' School
    Not totally sure. I dont have many to compare to yet but just by feel and the videos my buddy has that I'll post up when I get them you can clearly see the launches have much work to be done yet so Im sure under 2 is clearly possible. What the bike can do and what I can do arent matching right now HA HA

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

Nice. Well, you're doing it the right way. Wade into the deep end. Not flipping the bike seems to help with the long times! Glad you had fun and everything went well.

12's are awesome for your first time on a 750! Gratz
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Ol' School
    First launch of night went smooth as stated. Second launch I gave it more and got a touch aggressive and up she came and boomer from oresphotos there at the track got it and I bought it LOL

Video of one of the runs

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

Ol' School
    P.S.

Those photos are more important to me now than ever cause someone came tonight with cash in hand and she has a new owner now. Not exactly sure what bike I'll get next but Im happy. I had lots of fun with this bike

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Awesome that you had fun. I had mine rolling 1.5-1.6's at the short wheel base length like that. So lots of room for improvement in those times!

It is addicting isn't it? I love the bike racing, haha. So if you get another one, definitely gotta get back out there and enjoying the racing again!

Ol' School
    I saw your old bike sitting outside of boomers photoshack and kept looking to see if a dude hopped on it so I could meet you finally but a full figured woman hopped on it with purple hair. Everyday she would be just cute but sitting on that bike for some reason riding away she was a little hottie HA HA

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

Senior Member..now yer posting! SSScottSS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoCkiN U View Post
    P.S.

Those photos are more important to me now than ever cause someone came tonight with cash in hand and she has a new owner now. Not exactly sure what bike I'll get next but Im happy. I had lots of fun with this bike
    Wow, I can't believe you sold it after all the work you did to it. I was hoping to see it in person sometime this summer.

I get pretty geeked up when I took my slow ass car down to the drag strip. I think I'd mess myself on my bike LOL

Ol' School
    I posted it at midnight just to see what people would offer cause I have been wanting something a touch newer that didnt have the electrical gremlins I fought with that one for so long. I got them all fixed but they will come back Im sure so newer is what i wanted. Dude called by noon next day and came out with cash so less then 24 hours on craigslist and its gone

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

Senior Member..now yer posting! SSScottSS's Avatar
    I can understand the desire for a newer bike. I wanted fuel injection in the worst way, and now that I have one I would never go back to a carb'd one. There always seems to be newer and nicer though. Getting another sport bike?

Ol' School
    suzuki sport bike of some kind. I may even go to a M109 which is a bike I like soo much but its so big and I have very little room left in my garage

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    I saw your old bike sitting outside of boomers photoshack and kept looking to see if a dude hopped on it so I could meet you finally but a full figured woman hopped on it with purple hair. Everyday she would be just cute but sitting on that bike for some reason riding away she was a little hottie HA HA

Hahaha, yeah I ended up selling it. That girl is boomer's neice. She was real excited about it, so hopefully it is treating her right.

suzuki sport bike of some kind. I may even go to a M109 which is a bike I like soo much but its so big and I have very little room left in my garage
    I had a 109. If you really like sportbikes, you won't be happy with it for very long. Its an EXCELLENT bike, don't get me wrong, but I'm a sportbike guy at heart, and I kept it for about 3 years. The 1st year I loved it, the next 2 I was looking for something new. Now I'm back in the sportbike world, and I can't see myself having any different bike than the 'Busa. I love it. Next step will be a sport tourer along the lines of a Kawi Concours C14. I'd love to have another M109R but only as a second bike, not a primary. Pick up a used 'Busa, you won't be disappointed in the least..
    2010 Nissan TITAN
    2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

Ol' School
    My work schedule wont permit me to pick it up sooner and they have to detail it but I picked up the 2004 red hayabusa that is listed on sportland 2s website. It has a gay ass tan seat that I wish they had simply wrapped fabric over the leather but turns out they ripped the leather off and put this fabric on but I will and can fix that real quick!

Then gotta find a rear cowl as that just finishes the body lines and Im good for a while but with our crowd nothing goes untouched long

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

Nice! You'll love the busa. Head on over to hayabusa.org you'll prolly even find a seat and a cowl there.

Posted using my HTC EVO with tapatalk.
    2010 Nissan TITAN
    2008 Suzuki Hayabusa