One of the Rarest Z's ever . . .

Looking at this auction it seems that Rare does not = valuable. I would say that Demand = Value, and I'm not sure how much demand there is for 1LE 305ci 1989 F-Bodies. (I guess the final eBay price is as good an indicator as any, for that number.)

I did really like the part of the auction where he said: "This car works really well."
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

That car is probably more rare just because it was a non A/C car than because of the 1LE. It is a nice car but I would say $5k was a fair price for it. The only way any 3rd gen is worth alot is if it has less than 5 or 10k miles.
    Kevin
    Daily Driver: 1999 Chevy Tahoe w/ Vortec 350
    Wifes DD: 2003 VW Passat Wagon w/ 1.8T, 5 speed auto
    Plow Truck: 99 Chevy K3500 Pickup w/ a Vortec 454
    Toy 1: 98 BMW R1100R
    87 Camaro Iroc Z28, SOLD, Gone But not Forgotten

rsscoty
    The car is a typical 1le car. I have seen them with only 10-12000 mi on them sell for between 5-8000. I can't stand an ebayer who spends a good paragraph describing how rare his car is, especially in a third gen. I just don't trust them.
    Scoty

Quote Originally Posted by rsscoty
    The car is a typical 1le car. I have seen them with only 10-12000 mi on them sell for between 5-8000. I can't stand an ebayer who spends a good paragraph describing how rare his car is, especially in a third gen. I just don't trust them.
    Scoty
    True, but if I remember correctly a production run of only 111 cars did make 1989 one of the "rarest" years. I'm not trying to say the guy is warranted with all his hype I just posted it here because I was unsure if I even believe that it is a true 1LE. So many imposters of those cars as it is. Not to mention if there were only 111 total weren't they all made to US spec?

I think its a pretty cool car i wouldn't buy it though... i'd rather have a 4th gen 1LE

Stock bottom end H/C LT1 404RWHP

rsscoty
    I'm not sure of the productions #'s for the 1le cars, but no A/C on a 1989 wasn't typical production, so I would have to think it is a true car.
    Scoty