Epoxy Coating Garage Floors

What's everyone's thoughts about epoxy coating a garage floor? I'm thinking about doing it to our new place before we move in. That way if there is an oil spill I don't have to freak out about cleaning it up that second...

Anyone done it? Is it difficult?
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Easy to do. Some prep work involved on making sure the floor is really clean. I have done my parents and 2 server rooms and it holds up great.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

How does it hold up when moisture comes from the concrete in early summer when the garage is attached to the house? When its cool at night and then we get a REAL humid / hot day my garage floor sweats like nobody's business. Is this going to make it peel / flake off? I wanted to do that this summer but not sure how long its going to last.
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    How does it hold up when moisture comes from the concrete in early summer when the garage is attached to the house? When its cool at night and then we get a REAL humid / hot day my garage floor sweats like nobody's business. Is this going to make it peel / flake off? I wanted to do that this summer but not sure how long its going to last.
    No Idea on that. My parents floor never sweated or anything. Theres lasted about 15 years. It could be done again.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

it doesnt hold up to that at all... in the epoxyshield kits it has you do a test to make sure its not sealed, and to make sure it doesnt sweat, otherwise it may not hold up well. my dad did it in his shop and it didnt sweat bad at all, but then it flaked. bad.

I used the professional junk from Menards. Mine sweats like a pig and doesn't lift but if you drop shit on it or park a car with hot sticky tires on it, it peels right up
    Pity the mate of Queen Mantis, so content, but so headless

If it peels or flakes, you didn't prep the floor good enough. Period.

Yeah, I don't know if this garage floor sweats or not. It's detatched and heated... I just figured it would be easier to do with nothing in the garage before we move in than next year trying to move everything around to lay it all down...

Plus, it's epoxy so it should bond with the cement... So, idk...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

I worked at skipper buds and the shop floor was high gloss epoxied with aggregate in it. Very slippery when wet. Ridiculously slippery when there was antifreeze on it. I got used to falling. Just a note.

Quote Originally Posted by 05caddyext View Post
    If it peels or flakes, you didn't prep the floor good enough. Period.
    Bullshit! I scrubbed my new never been parked on garage with soap and water and then muratic acid to etch it
    Pity the mate of Queen Mantis, so content, but so headless

another vote for doesnt hold up to the sweat. I had to redo the prep area at my last job yearly due to peeling from the summer sweat and I prepped it as good as could be done each time!

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    When the pros do it they actually use machines to grind the surface to a rough finish so it bonds better.

to go with what lash said, anyone can do this. i did this to prep the last time i did my garage. its just a floor sander (what you sand a hardwood floor with) with a very coarse pad on it. it basically grinds in to the concrete. i did this with very thick coats of the general epoxyshield and it still flaked. my suggestion, for what has lasted a solid 2 years being put through a horrible life (dad didnt care what he drug across it, drove his car in with big salt/slush clots on it, shoveled to drag said salt/slush out, and even twice dropped shit big enough to crack his floor; and has yet to flake) is to use a floor sander, muriatic acid and lots of water, and go thick. very thick.