┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar

78 vette pinion nut torque

Anyone know the torque for a pinion nut for a 78 corvette?
    1968 Camaro 383

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    78lb ft?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

there is no tq spec on pinions. its a rolling resistance Tq
    "My cars got miles.... Garage queens, that's your style"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwII0k2bSpM

Ten years ago if you had 500HP you were the man. Now days that means you bought a new car

I did a 14 bolt semi floater, totally different animal I know but this is what I did...Is it right? Its your call.

I read that the crush sleeve needs ALOT I MEAN ALOT of pressure to crush the sleeve. So what I did is used a tractor socket and put some RTV on the splines and started tightening. You get to a point where you hit a wall with it. At that moment you go another 1/4 turn with a extended pipe on it.

I bought a rear that was stock and had to replace the pinion cause it was messed up. My bud who works on diesel pull trucks in indaina told me to do it cause thats the way they do it if they break the pinion off of a truck in pulls....I didnt have a problem with it for the 3 years I had the truck then I sold it (no whining or growling)...Like I said its your call, and I am not held responsible. Just trying to give you some insight..
    If a hammer,crescent wrench,duct tape, or JB Weld can't fix it........Its gotta be a electrical problem

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    k thanks guys, I read that there wasn't a torque spec but it's for my buddy so I just wanted to make sure before he did it.
    1968 Camaro 383