Thread: Tune question

Tune question

I have a question about SD vs. maf tunes. I’m in the process of collecting parts to do a TVS-1900 install on my 06 GTO in July. Is doing a 2bar SD tune be a better option than switching to a LS3 maf? I plan on running about 6 to 8 psi for now. I hope to be able to have your shop do the tune again as you did an awesome job with the last one.

If you plan on a new mill in the future that will take beyond 10 psi then the 2.5 bar upgrade would be mote viable as exact fueling is more of a concern then. The ls3 maf would work to keep hz range out of the dangerzone. Which in turn will work just fine on that planned setup.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

I do plan on a stock cube foraged bottom end at some point in the future. When I get to that point I will raise the boost on it. I’m leaning towards SD for the tune this time around. Would the stock MAP be ok or would I want to upgrade to a different one?

IMHO there is no benefit to a stock map in SD in a fi app. If your gonna do the effort to shut the maf off, may as well make the PCM so it can read boost. This can all wait till later on too. I'd see how close you are to maxing the Maf out, then make the final say on SD.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.