Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Has 40 miles on it now. Friend of mine rode it this past weekend. Want gone. $650 is my final offer.

Anyone ever talk to this guy? I see he hasn't been on here in a while.

Nope. I tried to buy it via pm and no dice
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Lol, wtf?

im confused why he didnt sell it for $850 to dude? then he jumps back on here with an even lower "final price"? ohwell
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

Did this bike ever sell? I realize this is going on a couple years old now...

Yeah bike sold quite awhile ago. Got $800 for it I believe. I do have another 29er for sale right now. 2013 Trek Mamba. According to Bicycle Blue Book it's worth $696 in excellent condition, for a BCM member I'd take $650 without the Raceface bars. I'd really like to get $700 with them. Bars cost about $70 plus $45 in labor to install them. Had them cut down, they were really wide.

http://madison.craigslist.org/bik/4410547379.html

And in case anyone is wondering, Bicycle Blue Book is what Wheel and Sprocket uses as its Bible when appraising trade-ins, there are literally thousands of bikes on there.

you paid $45 for install on the bars? ouch, what is special about them. I have a mamba too and it is a fantastic bike. glws

That is the shop labor rate for 1 hour of labor. Takes a while to get everything set up correctly. They have you test them at full length, they were too wide for my liking, so I needed them cut. So everything is removed, bars placed in jig, cut. Replace all hardware, ride again. Everything needs to be torqued, I don't have an inch lb torque wrench either. I thought the $45 was reasonable for the amount of actual time that went into getting them right.

inch pound torque wrench to install bars? GTFOH
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Id rather not take a chance having my brake levers move when I'm going down a hill at 25mph hitting rocks and logs. I don't build bikes for a living, they do, so I paid. Plus, like I said, they needed to be cut first. I didn't want to take a chance screwing up my brand new bars by cutting them wrong or over tightening something on them.

brake levers get torqued from 28 in lbs to 80 in lbs depending on brand and type of bar. So you certainly need a quality inch pound torque wrench for the job.

"Need" is a strong and most often incorrectly used word.

BCM Rseident Grill Master Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay's Avatar

Bike is sold.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gregor View Post
    rip
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Yeah, that's the bike why?

Doh just saw it sold,

With your shock mounted vertical do you have any of the dreaded "pogo" effect when you start climbing a hill.

I never had a problem with my FSR but have tried similar deigns and found it annoying.