Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Helmet thread!

Helmet thread!

What kinda lid you rockin? I just picked up a Shoei RF1000. They call the grafics "Artifact," I wanted something neutral and ended up matching my jacket and gloves; but at least it wont look stand out against either of my bikes. Quiet, comfortable, stylish. Picked it up a few months back for a good price. Not super nuts about it when I'm riding my 748, hunched over with my my head up in the riding position of the Duc my grille is a little closer to the chin bar than I like. And with the visor open on the first notch to keep the fog away it lets a shit ton of air in and blows it right on my mouth and up my face into my eyes. The HJC I had before this the visor could be cracked just enough to keep the fog away and not freeze your face off.

What you got?

Attached Images Attached Images

FML...

Could a mod please move this to the Riders forum. Thnaks!

Scorpion EXO1000. Custom painted. No pics of the paint. Love the helmet. Internal tined visor, cheek pumps for perfect fit. A little on the heavy side but otherwise love it.

2000 Dodge Neon...Low and Slow
    2010 Dodge Caliber...Daily/Winter
    1994 Honda CBR600F2...Go Fast toy

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    done stew. Just picked up same one as you Kornholio. Mine is gloss black scorpion exo1000 sublim. $200 brand new. Normally $310

2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    I picked up a Tirade. Bluetooth has been great for turn by turn navigation from my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a big baller like some of you

I am rockin a Scorpion EXO400 Snell certified, and safer that my 15 year old Shoei RF700.

Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

I had the EXO 1000 and loved the flip down sun visor but hated the cheek pumps and the paint peeled in like 3 months. Now I'm rocking a gloss black EXO400
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

The T3/T4eclipse broke 2much:P BigSnailBuick's Avatar
    Im rocking a plane Jane white Arai Corsair..Absurdly comfy
    "Plus my rats come in packs like Sammy and Dean Martin, and I got soo many keys you'd think I was Valet parking"
    1987 Buick Regal Turbo T Limited- DBB 6766, ProEFI, E-85.
    2000 Audi S4- Nogaro Blue w/ matching interior! Chipped and a maintenance nightmare.

Senior Member..now yer posting! outlawgibbs's Avatar
    Sporting a Scorpion EXO-700. [IMG][/IMG]

i'm stil rocking a cl-15 flat black HJC its not the most comfortable
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Senior Member..now yer posting! pnad's Avatar
    I should really pick up a new lid. Do you guys buy local or online? Maybe find something you like that fits then order it?

Quote Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
    i'm stil rocking a cl-15 flat black HJC its not the most comfortable
    I got the cl-16 in gloss black, hopefully upgrade this year sometime though

Quote Originally Posted by pnad View Post
    I should really pick up a new lid. Do you guys buy local or online? Maybe find something you like that fits then order it?
    I usually buy my bike stuff, for mine and the wife's bikes, from Ride in New Berlin. Good service and good prices. My Helmet I ended up getting from Sportbiketrackgear.com from their closeouts. Also great service and quick shipping.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Senior Member..now yer posting! SSScottSS's Avatar
    Gloss black HJC FS-15, but I'd really like to get a Scorpion EXO 500 with the sun visor like the 1000 has.

Last edited by SSScottSS; 05-09-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Shoei RF-1000... Nice lid. I paid around $300 new a few years back. My grilfriend got an brand new closeout rf-1000 for something like $85.... It's size xxxs though, lol.

I usually buy all my gear online. Kneedraggers and compacc mostly. I helmet needs to be tried on first though or have a return policy.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Selling my Scorpion exo1000 sublim. $200 it is a gloss black XL. just took it out of the box. It is a touch to small for my fat head. They want $30 to return it and get a new one. Helmet retails for $309
    http://shopping.scorpionusa.com//C55...BFC342C51AA6CB

Need this sold fast. Price is firm. Not going to find a better deal on this.
    2009 Infiniti G37x

I think the exo1000 runs just a tad bit small or maybe it's just my odd shaped head.

Quote Originally Posted by BoosTT View Post
    I think the exo1000 runs just a tad bit small or maybe it's just my odd shaped head.
    Your right it runs small

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Senior Member..now yer posting! SSScottSS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Josepy View Post
    Selling my Scorpion exo1000 sublim. $200 it is a gloss black XL. just took it out of the box. It is a touch to small for my fat head. They want $30 to return it and get a new one. Helmet retails for $309
    http://shopping.scorpionusa.com//C55...BFC342C51AA6CB

Need this sold fast. Price is firm. Not going to find a better deal on this.
    I found a better deal!!! only $199.95 !!!! http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=3045 Saves a whole nickel LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SSScottSS View Post
    I found a better deal!!! only $199.95 !!!! http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=3045 Saves a whole nickel LOL
    That's not the same helmet, the one he's selling is http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=5238
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR