Which muffler too buy???

Ok so i bought the slp lm1 axle back from white thunder. I put it on and well of course there is no muffler on it since it was only the axle back. I fired it up and it sounds goodish. Its wicked loud. So i'm looking at a bullet style muffler to stick in the intermediate pipe. Do i go with a spiral flow or a dynomax bullet? Seems there about $50 at jegs for a 3"in/out which is what i would need. Which one would work better to tone it down a bit i know either way its probably still going to be loud. But i like it that way we'll see i may even leave it alone once i get the tips on the back and take it for a drive. Oh yea before i forget this is for the T/A so its got long tubes ofy and 3" exhaust back. if that helps at all.
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    SLP makes the bullet style one like you have in there now except it is an actual muffler and not just a resonator.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Read on the ls1tech forum that the moroso spiral flow racing muffler robs hp! Search for it. Lots of post about that.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    I told you it would be loud with lts and no cats. I had the LM2 with your same setup and it was still loud as fuck. I would highly recommend gettiing the sprial flow since its more than just a straight thru bullet. OR be original and try one of those DNA mufflers. Either way if you go with a straight thri bullet don't expect much.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

i'm not expencting much different but a little is better than nothing. Joe theres not a muffler on the car now it didn't come with one bought it used. dna mufflers? haven't heard of one of those maybe worth a look?

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Quote Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
    i'm not expencting much different but a little is better than nothing. Joe theres not a muffler on the car now it didn't come with one bought it used. dna mufflers? haven't heard of one of those maybe worth a look?
    ah ic it is from the axle back. guh had that on mine,. it lasted 2 days after the headers and cam were in. car sounded like a dump trunk until wot. get a borla xr1 and put it in the i pipe. or find a way to stuff two of them in the back somewhere.

2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

i thought about seing if i could get two of them in the tail pipes but i think for now i'll just do the one in the I pipe since the i pipe isn't stainless lol

DNA have a unique design on the inside. Sort of similar to spiral flow.

Or you can go with a chambered style muffler like the GMMG. Which is also longer which means less noise and rasp.

Last edited by GTSLOW; 04-27-2011 at 11:17 AM.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

i did like the gmmg exhausts but damn are they expensive. I'll have to look into the dna mufflers and the borla x1's

No I meant you can buy similar chamber straight mufflers like on gmmg from summit.

Gotcha looked at a few of those too. Seem pricey for what they are. i may just go and stick a cheap dynomax bullet in there for now or may just leave it until the lmt show when i can throw it on the dyno. See how bad it is lol

Hey lilws6: I have the Dynomax Bullet on mine (This was uploaded last year)
    http://youtu.be/vwdaKrZvdNs
    What the Dynomax Bullet did was take out some of the rasp that the SLP LM bullet had. (This was dumped under the driver/ pass. seat)
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

called up our buddy at advance here in waukesha he told me he could get me a 23" long dynomax for about $50 so if i need that i'll probably order the long one

Do it more area to quiet it down. You're pretty much going to have rasp with no cats and a bullet style muffler.

that was my theory behind the longer muffler. i know theres going to be rasp i had somew ith the flowmaster but it was a good sound. i guess we'll see what i do but i've got a couple of options at least now.