Senior Member..now yer posting!

Unlimited Hydroplane

I have had a couple of slow R/C cars but I am mostly into R/C boats. I got my first boat in about 1990 because my dad liked to build model boats and run them when he was camping in Upper Michigan. I wanted to have a hobby that I could do with my dad, so I started with a used nitro boat. That expanded to another boat, and then into model boat racing. I was never good at racing because I did not run enough to get good. I was more into fun running.
    At one point, my dad had 26 boats in his collection. As he is getting too old to run them, and his health is failing, he has been giving the boats to me. I have been doing some needed maintenance and upgrades to keep them in running condition. Here is the latest one, a fiberglass hull unlimited hydroplane.
    I put new flotation foam in the sides, and will install a new fiberglass radio box to replace the old, heavy wood box. It had a sump tank but does not need it if it is not raced. It also has a remote controled needle for easy mixture adjustments.
    My dad asked if I could get this one fixed up so he could he could see it run once again. With my dad's health getting worse, I am trying to get this one back on the water, soon.

1980 Z28 Convertible project
    LM1 350, 700r4, 3.73 posi

That's badass!

Family is the best medicine, pal. I literally just got off the phone with my grandpa in the hosp. and just talking to him made his day.....imagine how happy your dad will be when you two are running this around on the lakes soon!
    "LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT"

'95 Rio Red Cobra 347 stroked SOLD!!
    '73 Mach 1 351 2v mostly stock
    '07 Harley Davidson Nightster 1200XLN SOLD!!
    '06 GMC Envoy (wifes DD)
    '03 Ford F150 XLT FX4 (DD)