Thread: 1996 zx6r

BCM Bruiser
    Somewhere between here and there and over there

1996 zx6r

i happen to pick up a 96 ninja zx6r last weekend. its set up like a street fighter but im more into the full fairing look. i have all the plastics for it, its just that the left side plastic is broke on the bottom where it would attach to the right side fairing. not a biggie. also i have no headlight for it so i plan one doing a custom single projector headlight (already at the bodyshop) ita runs and its rideable but second gear pops out of gear. i have all the parts to replace internals for this problem. and most important i have and factory repair manual, so if i do run into any problems i can get myself outta that jam. i'll snap some pics when my ol lady gets back from flordia...

also does anyone kno how to polish a frame? i have never done it so any tips would be nice....now would be my time to do it since i got about half the bike taken apart...thanks BCM
    2003 Ford Windstar LX....
    1995 Ford Mustang Gt Vert....red with black leather and top

Alot of time consuming work polishing isn't hard but aluminum sometimes can be a bitch. If your gana polish the frame you gata do it right and tear it down to bare frame. That way you won't miss some spots you couldn't get to. I never wanted a polished frame but people that half ass it bother me.
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Thumbs up for getting away from the streetfighter look! Not a fan of them.

Senior Member..now yer posting! outlawgibbs's Avatar
    Second that.. Congrats on the new bike and one little word of advise. Unless you plan on polishing the frame atleast once a month dont bother with it. Polishing aluminum works great if you clear coat it right after your done otherwise it tarnishes and looks like crap in a short time and you have to redo it often. Or spend the money and chrome it.