a/c smog pump delete help

Ok removed all a/c stuff from my 90 mustang installed ford racing a/c delete kit which moves the power steering pump up now the problem trying to route the belt to bypass air pump using this route http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:0,s:0
    its the bottom left picture my belt is like 72 in 73 was to long but when the belt is in place and the tensioner applied the belt going around the alt will rub any ideas what i am doing wrong?
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

Fords have 10 diffrent factory pully diameters. The best way is to get a string and route it as if it was a belt. Remember that the belt will strech about a inch the first day but the factory tensioner will pick up the slack. Measure it and go to a "good parts store" like NAPA or such and tell them what you need. Also be sure to make sure that your pulleys are aligned. This will cause yo to shred a belt in no time.

Stay away from GATES. It will squeal after a few weeks. I was told by March that they recommend Goodyear or Dayco. But if you have a choice go with Goodyear.

think we had the route wrong just a little short using the pic in the upper right of that link back to parts store tomorrow and this should be a done deal I do not have to run a idler for the air pump right? it can just be bypassed with a short belt
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

I measured with a Tailors tape...

Disappointing women since 1970.
    Love you Mom

No because your not using the air pump. After looking at your link your kit is the one on the bottom left. The one on the upper right removes the SP and the smog pump. Diameter of the pulley will change belt lenght and speed of the pump. So unless AC has the same size as your steering pump you will either gain belt or lose it.

So if I read your post right, your keeping the steering pump, water pump, alt, and removing all else.

I had nothing but problems with the TFS kit, either the belt was to tight and smoked the alt, or it was too loose and the alt had problems charging due to the belt slipping. I gave the kit away and went with a March kit and a standard rotation water pump. But I am only running a water pump and alt.

got a 73.5 inch belt and found the routing that worked to much salt to drive it yet but all seems well belt seems right guess only some miles will tell now

Cool glad it worked out. A good test will be this summer. Which route did you take?

used this route this is not my car
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1276&bih=627

its also the route in the top right of my first link in the first post every thing apears to be spinning the correct direction
    got the info from here
    http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ac-delete.html