Go Kart engine suggestions?

My kid and I picked up what apears to be a shifter style kart less motor and seat:

Unless we found a free open class motor we are pretty well set on a smaller motor to keep it so we can throw it in back of my pickup. Have a line on a 125cc 4spd 2stroke Yami but keeping our (and your) eyes open for suggestions. A simple 6.5hp Honda clone motor will run 50+ mph but they look pathetic out of the hole on video's so Im leaning towards a shifter powertrain. I have access to an old KZ1000 motor but the 400# motor has a bit more torque than usefull for outrunning cops at night...kidding...not..

Suggestions? Cheap is key!
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, I don't know what they've got at the shop Bud...but at greendale they've got a couple palates of engines donated to the school...all work. Some as much as 35hp iirc.....

I'm sure Mike would be willing to let one go for some of the help he might need w/ his trans....

I'll talk to him tomorrow at school....
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    I'm sure Mike would be willing to let one go for some of the help he might need w/ his trans....

I'll talk to him tomorrow at school....
    I see aluminum planataries and rare kickdown ratio arms in his future...hand assembled by yours truly!

hey take a look at fire power minis they built honda 50 motors to what ever you want i've got an 88cc kit on my 50 now with a three speed and it rocks. i've seen some built mini kx motors rock too hell you can make a 50 cc motor up to i think 150 cc i've seen or for some more insite try out planet minis.
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Checked those motors out at firpower, that is a GY6 platform of most scooters these days based off the Honda original of the 80's. My broke azz is leaning towards an 8hp a friend is donating from a snowblower rusting in his yard . Love to find a wrecked 125-250 dirt bike down the road.

How about a little fabrication and you throw on a 4 cylinder 2-stroke engine? (:

--Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

All depends on how much u want to spend....how relaible you want it......and how fast u want to go....Sound Familiar?

Go with a Nice Briggs setup if you are just trying to make a Neighborhood Terror. It will not be as loud as a 2 stroke, and will take a beating.

Just remembered I've got a lifan 50cc sitting in my basement. Its got a 4 speed clutchless trans. I think I've got just about every thing to make it run again. Ran fine when I pulled it out.
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Boost went where again? Silver86's Avatar

build and throw one of these on there...

- 86' rx7 - 06' mustang GT - 04' xterra SE -

A white square?