Ok, so I was a bit bored today. First, ignore the dirty car, and second, ignore the gold winter wheel setup, haha.

Overall, figure this was about $25 worth of "mods". The overlays are what, $20(bought them awhile ago and forgot how much they were) and the vinyl material is $5 at most.

There are two things I do not like with the STI sedan. First is that they still have the satin trunk trim piece. It's just so out of place.

Before I got to that part, I installed the overlays from BlueBatOverlays.com who's a sponsor on the Subaru boards.

One side

Then both sides

So then comes the satin silver piece on the back. I just stopped at a graphics shop and picked up some plain old black vinyl to cover it up. I wanted to see how it would look before I had it painted. Since I used to work there, I got it for free, but in reality it can't be much more than $5-10 if I were a regular customer.

Final result.

Overall, I like how it looks so I will end up having it painted to match the OEM color the car is. Should look good. Downside to the vinyl is that it takes a bit of time to cut it right so you don't scratch the car. And then it takes some time in the sun so all the tiny bubbles get out of the material. From 20ft you can't tell it's not painted. Up close you know it for sure, haha.

The second part that I don't like and what most people don't like, is the chrome trim that runs along the bottom of the windows. I don't understand this at all. But I wanted to see how that would look covered. If you go to a local vinyl shop and ask for about 20ft of 1" pinstriping, that's all you'll need.

So after the first pieces on, it actually looks pretty cool

So now the final product

Again, just as with the rear piece, up close you know it's vinyl. It's a bit time consuming to cut it along the rubber "trim" that's on the top and bottom of the piece. I didn't want to cut into that, nor did I want to end up cutting into the car if I went too far. From 20ft it looks great. Up close, since I wasn't going 100% careful, there are some VERY minor spots where the chrome still shows through. But atleast, now I know what it looks like and I'll be excited to get it painted at the same time if it's possible.

Next up will be to see how it looks with the R205 badges

-from R205 thread on IWSTI.com

For those that don't know, they go on the side up by the front wheel to replace the silver pieces.