Thread: My 2011 STI

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar

My 2011 STI

Ok, so I was a bit bored today. First, ignore the dirty car, and second, ignore the gold winter wheel setup, haha.

Overall, figure this was about $25 worth of "mods". The overlays are what, $20(bought them awhile ago and forgot how much they were) and the vinyl material is $5 at most.

There are two things I do not like with the STI sedan. First is that they still have the satin trunk trim piece. It's just so out of place.

Before I got to that part, I installed the overlays from BlueBatOverlays.com who's a sponsor on the Subaru boards.

One side

Then both sides

So then comes the satin silver piece on the back. I just stopped at a graphics shop and picked up some plain old black vinyl to cover it up. I wanted to see how it would look before I had it painted. Since I used to work there, I got it for free, but in reality it can't be much more than $5-10 if I were a regular customer.

Final result.

Overall, I like how it looks so I will end up having it painted to match the OEM color the car is. Should look good. Downside to the vinyl is that it takes a bit of time to cut it right so you don't scratch the car. And then it takes some time in the sun so all the tiny bubbles get out of the material. From 20ft you can't tell it's not painted. Up close you know it for sure, haha.

The second part that I don't like and what most people don't like, is the chrome trim that runs along the bottom of the windows. I don't understand this at all. But I wanted to see how that would look covered. If you go to a local vinyl shop and ask for about 20ft of 1" pinstriping, that's all you'll need.

So after the first pieces on, it actually looks pretty cool

So now the final product

Again, just as with the rear piece, up close you know it's vinyl. It's a bit time consuming to cut it along the rubber "trim" that's on the top and bottom of the piece. I didn't want to cut into that, nor did I want to end up cutting into the car if I went too far. From 20ft it looks great. Up close, since I wasn't going 100% careful, there are some VERY minor spots where the chrome still shows through. But atleast, now I know what it looks like and I'll be excited to get it painted at the same time if it's possible.

Next up will be to see how it looks with the R205 badges

-from R205 thread on IWSTI.com

For those that don't know, they go on the side up by the front wheel to replace the silver pieces.

BCM Rseident Grill Master Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay's Avatar
    Looks good for the small amount of parts and time

Got the badges on

I think it looks great. Wouldn't mind one myself!

What about black anodized lug nuts?

BCM Rseident Grill Master Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay's Avatar
    the fender badges look awesome and much cleaner

in the sun it looks better but i waited too long to install those to get good pics. that and if it was clean it's be better too, haha. but have to wait for the vinyl to really adhere to the moulding as well as the double sided tape. dont want to go through a pressure wash and have them blast off, haha.

Chris

badass....powdercoat the rims black

I don't want to copy Beagle too much now, hahaha

These are my winter wheels/tires. So I won't do anything with these wheels.

The stock wheels I was wondering if it would look good powdercoated a dark gray, or if I they'd look good with just the spokes powdercoated and leave the lip the silver.

Don't really want to mess with those though since I could just get new wheels and sell the stock ones off

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Looks great! I wanna see the pics of the rotated gt-series turbo and front mount
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Fast forward 2 more years, haha.

PS - you still gotta help me with shifter bushings and a shifter on this bitch before my May 23rd trip to Road America with it

The T3/T4eclipse broke 2much:P BigSnailBuick's Avatar
    Sick car! Looks much better after the tiny changes.. Im still in shock that those are $40,000 0.o Same price as a few Ferrari Testarossa's LOL
    "Plus my rats come in packs like Sammy and Dean Martin, and I got soo many keys you'd think I was Valet parking"
    1987 Buick Regal Turbo T Limited- DBB 6766, ProEFI, E-85.
    2000 Audi S4- Nogaro Blue w/ matching interior! Chipped and a maintenance nightmare.

Hahaha. That is for the "Limited" with the upgrade leather, sunroof, different stock wheels(bbs vs. the enkei), foglights. Mine's just the regular STI, so the MSRP was little over $35,000 but purchased for under $32,000.

Thanks guys! I didn't take my time with the side emblems so I have to go through them and redo the double sided tape

Thumbs up

That is one good looking STi!
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndegroot2
    Twitter: http://http://twitter.com/deggyfresh
    PS3 name: deggyfresh

98 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x2 - Still ready for some snow drags.

Looks good! Needs window tint 20%

2005 Roush Sport, 2009 F-150 PLATINUM SCREW
    You can get your Ford in any color you want, as long as it's black.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    I think the gold wheels look great!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Nice Chris. Thats exactly what I didnt care for on the new ones too. Little tasteful mods are great. Good job!